Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies n toggles

Giving up on my Hennessy, but....

Thinkin about trying a bridge hammock.
    I could never get comfy in the Hennessy. I'm a side sleeper and never could find the right "lay" in it.
    Looking at the bridge styles, I think I might have to give them a try before buying a good backpacking tent.
    Looking fr anyone who may have gone to a bridge and found what they were looking for.
    Also, is there any reason my Leighlo UQ won't fit a bridge? Its a 3/4 length.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Synthetic
    Suspension
    Line/strap
    Images
    I started out with a Hennessey, too. It was a Hyperlite, I think. I had problems with shoulder squeeze, so switched to a bridge. I enjoy messing around with making my own bridges, but I can recommend the War Bonnet Ridge Runner, if you're not into DIY.
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole." Capt. H. P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943

'I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

"Everything takes longer once a cat gets involved." sm

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I started with a Hennessy as well. Switched to DIY hammocks and eventually to bridge hammocks. I agree with sodakgrrl that the WBRR is a great bridge if you're not into DIY. With that said I have a pretty easy to follow video tutorial linked in my signature.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Balloons
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    You may need to modify the suspension of your UQ to work with a bridge hammock. I have a Winter Yeti. It came with a heavy-duty loop of elastic cord for the suspension. I replaced that with two elastic cords with loops in each end to attach to the bridge spreader bars. I also fitted this UQ to a DIY 11 foot gathered end hammock. The elastic suspension was pulled too tight. I will have to make some extensions to use this UQ with a very long hammock.

Adjustments are necessary to fit different hammocks, but are not too difficult.
    I love the unimproved works of God. - Horace Kephart

I have decided to move way from the bottom entry system myself. I just need some versatility!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Same here. I started out with a hh w/super shelter , then I got the Clar also 4 seasion, in between I bought some small sling Hammmick s just to have laying around (eno, pares) which I can't lay in unless I'm just taking a nap, and recently I bought the whole war bonnet Winter set up with the Spindrift drift, and lynx.

Immediately, just trying out the Warbonnet Ridgerunner, I was able to tell that this is going to make a very big difference. Now I know that I will always be able to sleep in a Hammock, because I can sleep on my back, my side, or my stomach. In the past I was able to do all of them but not comfortable. The last trip I took was in my Ridgerunner and I slept on my side the whole weekend. I love it. I would recommend a Ridgerunner to anybody who likes to sleep on their stomach. Good luckImageUploadedByTapatalk1394309543.740526.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394309557.502691.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394309622.976605.jpg

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    I started with a GT Ultralight, went to many DIY gathered ends, got a WBBB followed by more DIY gathered ends. I never was able to fall asleep in any of them. I'd start out comfortable but would soon be finding little discomforts here and there.

Then I got a WBRR and quickly found sleep in a hammock. I've since made several DIY bridge hammocks and ultimately ditched my bed for nightly sleep while hanging. Yes, you could say I found what I was looking for.

I find the gathered end hammocks fine to relax in for an hour but that's all for me.

I too am re-evaluating my hanging, going to be trying a WB next.

• + New Posts