Always looking for ways to lighten my pack, I got a Moskito this year. It's about a pound lighter than my Trek Light double with netting settup, which means that rather than 2lbs. I am down to 1lb. Splitting hairs for some, but I like messing with stuff like that (and I get a new hammock!). So while I play with learning how to hang and lay in the new hammock, I decided to see what going to ground would be like as well. I have a silnylon Equinox 10x12 that is my shelter of choice. After some playing around, I found this setup seems to work pretty darn well in the backyard anyway:

Basically, it's a simple staking of the two grommets each side of the ridgeline grommet in the back, then staking the middle and corners in the front, using a treking pole for the front and a guyline to keep tension in front. Huge amount of room inside and low to the wind in the back. I then stake the Moskito in the back on the ground to the back ridgeline grommet and run the netting cord up to the treking pole in front up high. The treking pole goes through the front loop of the Moskito into the ground. With my CCF pad on the bottom and my 3/4 Thermarest inside the hammock lays nicely with just enough headroom to be comfortable. I spent the night in this setup last night (a bit cool and windy here in Washington State, perhaps 45F with breeze to 7mph) and slept well.

I am also testing the range on a homemade quilt-thingy my wife and I worked on. It's a copy of a Nunatak Back Country Blanket (of which I have one also) but using Climashield synthetic insulation. It's a bit larger so it works as a bottom for a couple's bag (when my wife goes camping with me). We just velcro the down BCB on top of the synthetic "body bag" (her name) and have plenty of room for two. It also works as a wet-weather version of the BCB for single use. I can also velcro it shut around the BCB and have a very warm double bag. And, it also works as an underquilt of sorts under the Moskito. Still experimenting, and it is lots of fun!