Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hmmmm... I've often wondered about this as well. It has been my experience when selling items, that I'm not allowed to edit the first post of my for sale thread. So I always assumed it was the mods editing out the price of sold items in other people's threads. Just to clarify, I do agree that it would be nice to see what other's items are selling for.
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Well i am not sure but if the seller is required to put the selling price in the title then he can also put it in his thread, when he sells something he can then swap out the price for the word sold but it would remain in the title.. but after awhile on here you get a feel for what things go for, and if you only have time to scan the for sale thread then you are not using the site for its intended use,, not saying that anyone here is doing that but we all must keep in mind that the for sale thread is an extra and the site could survive without it, its a secondary perk of what the forum as a whole is all about !..Put the sale price in the title..the title cannot be edited !..
    I am pretty sure you can edit your title in advanced mode.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I am pretty sure you can edit your title in advanced mode.
    Yes you can..

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I will ALWAYS edit out the price of a sold item. The price for which I sold my item should not constrain another member from asking for the value they place on a similar item. The fact that a similar peice of gear sold cheap last week should have no bearing on what I am asking this week.

If you're in the market for an item you'll know what value you place on it.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by HanginTuff View Post
    hmmmm... I've often wondered about this as well. It has been my experience when selling items, that I'm not allowed to edit the first post of my for sale thread. So I always assumed it was the mods editing out the price of sold items in other people's threads. Just to clarify, I do agree that it would be nice to see what other's items are selling for.

There is a built in 72 hour limit on editing a post. After that it becomes locked. Mods do not edit prices on the posts. We simply change the title to reflect SOLD then move it to the sold forum. That is it unless the OP wants something else changed.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    There is a built in 72 hour limit on editing a post. After that it becomes locked. Mods do not edit prices on the posts. We simply change the title to reflect SOLD then move it to the sold forum. That is it unless the OP wants something else changed.
    sweet, thanks for the info!
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Not that I disagree, but someones says " I will take it" and the seller posts sold, that doesn't mean it sold for the original price.
    Yes. The asking price does not always reflect the final selling price.

Quote Originally Posted by dammfast View Post
    I have lobbied for that in the past. I think everyone agrees that it is at least a little helpful when buying or pricing gear. The problem is that it is not a rule and nobody reminds people.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    This has been brought up, and shot down in the past. I expect it will be shot down again
    Ask and ye shall receive! From a administrator's perspective the Market Place easily accounts for the largest portion of time spent moderating. Another rule means more for the moderators to monitor. The more time spent monitoring the Market Place means less time engaging hammock talk, which is why we're all here, right?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    What is the point of removing the price? I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, this is a free country andI firmly believe a seller should be able to do whatever he or she wants...I just don't see the point. Just saying...
    Ever eat a pine tree? Me neither...

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    One reason the seller often removes the price is to mark the item as sold when many items are listed in a single FS post.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, Jarbidge
    Couldn't help myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast