ENO Singlesnest
    Tarp
    JRB CatTarp
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Rope/EnoSlapstraps

On the fence - Eno or Clark?!?

I need someone to either tell me I'm retarded - 'stick to your Eno', or push me to take the leap and 'rock out the Clark'.

I have an Eno that I use that I bought before I learned that there are so many hangers out there! Then I found this site and started poking around on it and now I'm fraught with information overload and am seriously considering ditching the Eno and getting a Clark! My Eno just seems more like a 'chill' type hammock... like it's something that you set up around camp for the kids to play in... where the Clark seems more like business... They seriously look fricken sweet!

From what I've read on here and viewed (vids and pics), the NA looks like something that'd really pay off - like I REALLY want it - but for some reason I'm stalling on buyin' the thing. It mostly has to do with the fact that I rarely spend $$ on stuff (cause I'm all about free or dirt cheap - paid $55 for the Eno)... so it's pretty much like pulling teeth for me to spend anything significant on something, regardless of how awesome it is.

My buddies keep tellin' me that 'I only live once' and to just get it, even though they think I'm crazy for gettin' all siked up about a 'hammock' (the way they get about going to a strip club or say - Vegas -which I think is retarded!) but I think hammock's are the next best thing to sliced bread so maybe I'll just get it... or not?!?

Can somebody help?!? Please! I'd really appreciate it!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I hope you aren't expecting anyone on this site to tell you not to buy another hammock. That's the only reason I have a job, so I can buy more stuff!

All I can tell you if you are worried about spending money is to try it first. Regardless of which hammock manufacturer you are enamored with, it's always best to try one before spending that kind of coin. Buyer's remorse isn't very common, but it does happen. Giving one a try may help you overcome your fear of spending or justify it; a good thing to know.

Good luck!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    I wouldn't ditch one for the other. I'd want both for different purposes. But with that said, I haven't been able to bring myself to paying Clark prices. They are cool, but I can't justify the obvious difference in price.

You wouldn't get rid of your ENO to get a Clark...right? It's not like you can trade it in, so why not just get the Clark you want. I like having several hammocks because friends use them and stuff.

Hammock
    ENO Singlesnest
    Tarp
    JRB CatTarp
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Rope/EnoSlapstraps
    Nope, I'd keep em' both, for others to use or to be able to switch it up and stuff... just wondering about buying the clark, ya know?

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Hope and prayer
    Images
    My one concern with the Clark is that where I camp (NC/TN/VA) it would be really hot in the summer. My SBPro is already a bit warm with the bug netting up.

Of course if I had the budget I'd have a few hammocks

Jim

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    do your home work

Hammock
    ENO Singlesnest
    Tarp
    JRB CatTarp
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Rope/EnoSlapstraps
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    do your home work
    I have. Just ordered it.

Thanks for the info - now and in previous posts/pics/videos!

I'll let you all know what I think after I get it and try it out and take it on it's maiden voyage on a 4-day camping trip to the Sand Dunes in Colorado in a coupla weeks... (and no worries - I will definately set it up 'many' times at home before I try it in the wild!) Also supposed to go backpacking with some friends... can't wait!

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by treehouseguy View Post
    I have. Just ordered it.

Thanks for the info - now and in previous posts/pics/videos!

I'll let you all know what I think after I get it and try it out and take it on it's maiden voyage on a 4-day camping trip to the Sand Dunes in Colorado in a coupla weeks... (and no worries - I will definately set it up 'many' times at home before I try it in the wild!) Also supposed to go backpacking with some friends... can't wait!
    well make sure you post your trip on here and let us know how it went.

Hammock
    Clark Camo NA
    Tarp
    XL rainfly
    Insulation
    Pad and Bag
    Glad to see you ordered the Clark. I now use a Camo NA as my main Hammock. My first was my Tropical model. Only went to the NA so that I had the foru season capability.

Even so I have camped out in the Tropical even over the coldest day of the year in central washington several years ago (3), but it was a very uncomfortable night. It wouldve helped if my sleeping bags zipper hadn't given up at 2 a.m.

• + New Posts