I currently do not have a hammock nor have I used them in the past. I have a military gortex bivy, catoma bednet and tarp for camping but have interest in getting a hammock. I keep hearing how comfortable they are in comparison to bedding on ground and I am all about being as comfortable as i can be.

I've been looking at hammocks with integrated bug nets such as the Skeeter Beater or a standalone hammock and getting a separate bug net. Love the catoma

http://www.catomaoutdoor.com/catalog...ookieSupport=1

because it has a built in tub and i can throw my bivy in it. The questions I have are

1. Can you use any of the available hammock with integrated bug net on the ground as just a regular bug net with a builtin floor? I ask in case no trees are available.

2. Has anyone used the catoma bednet with a standalone hammock and if so which one and how was it? I assume it would be a clumsy setup but don't know since i don't have a hammock to test.

3. Can you use a standalone or coccoon bug net made for hammocks as a regular bug net with a bivvy? I would like the option of sleeping on top of the bivy with pad during hot summers nights with perhaps a very thin sleeping bag liner. I like the bivy and will probably use it in whatever hammock i get because i have so much faith in that piece of gear.