Hi guys...

I've been using a Clark Jungle hammock for a few years now and just found this forum, so I'd like to say hello. I mainly use my hammock while spike camping in Colorado while trying to find elk in September.

Anyway, like most peeps, I'm not a huge fan of tieing bowline knots to a tree for my suspension system. That dang 2nd bowline is a PITA to get done in the dark! I had removed the polypro lines and used caribeeners and climbing rope with a prussic hitch for a year or two, but found that the climbing rope was unecessairly heavy and bulky.

In the winter of 2007, I started toying around with constriction ropes and how to make them. (I was working on an invention for tree climbing sticks... and needed something to attach them to a tree with) What I came up with was something that I call a UCR (short for Utility Constrictor Rope). I was able to modify my Clark to use the UCR's (still using a beeners) and I gotta say, it's almost as light as it was with the original polypro ropes (yuch) and each end attaches to the tree in about less than 10 seconds.

Here is a picture of one of our skipe camps in Colorado.

Here is a picture of the rigging using my UCR's (behind my house in NC).

Here is a UCR.... (too short for hammock duty, but you get the idea)

What do you guys (and gals) think?

-ZA