Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB, Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    The first few trips I did with my hammock were fine but the last few trips I have not been comfortable in a hammock . I have talked to Brandon and other hf members about adjustments and I have try many different technics. I ended up getting a UL 2 person tent that has a packed weight of 3 lbs 9 oz with stakes and guy lines.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB, Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    This one can be closed

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    There were several "I'll take its" by various members on the different items and an "All items sold to Maggot". For the record, please clarify who bought what. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    I don't know if it's common policy for members to stay out of disputes and let the moderators handle it, so I apologize in advance if this is bad etiquette, but this sale seems suspect and on a slippery slope. Maggot was 3rd in line for the tarp and didn't even throw an, "I'll take it" for anything else, but he got the lot because he is saving the seller money in shipping costs. If this is alright, it seems that I can try to hijack something already committed by just simply offering more than the person who did commit to buying it. This is fine and good on Ebay, where bidding is the name of the game, but it seems to go against what we try to do here, which is all about integrity in the handshake. This is one of the few places where I trust the buyers and sellers on their own accord because of the integrity we keep as a community.
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    Yeti, Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    I am only a member of this forum, but this was a total disregard of forum rules by both members.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Let's hold off on the comments and let jefftrex respond. None of us knows what may have happened through PMs.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    13x10camo, SuprFly
    Insulation
    Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    webbing,biners,RL
    I'll try to help.....

I wanted the tarp initially and mentioned in my reply "I'll take it" and that I could pick up to save shipping costs. At the same time, I was also trying to secure a deal with another member on an underquilt. The underquilt sale stopped once I found out the shipping was between 49 and 68 US dollars. I was also trying to get a DD hammock and the shipping for that was 55 US.

So in the pm process to find where he lived, noone had yet spoken for the uq or hammock and I said I'll take that too if availaible. I told the OP that I didn't want to overstep anybody but I'll take the works, come pick it up, and save him some shipping.

The OP didn't specify shipping in the initial ad, and with the above estimates I got for the uq and hammock at a minimum of 49+55+ ××× for the tarp, it could have cost him something in the 130-150 range. Or the buyer would have to pay substantially more.

With the money savings from him and a 1/2 hr pickup time seemed reasonable...

Hope this help, and was carried out fairly.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by cleandirt View Post
    I'll take the underquilt
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    nvm about my first post, I'll take the super fly, pm me the paypal info! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm2111 View Post
    dang just missed the superfly. I'll take seconds if the deal goes south.
    Quote Originally Posted by maggot View Post
    I'll take 2nd dibs on the superfly. Depending where you are in Ontario, I may be able to pick-up to save you 30ish bucks for cross border shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbobshinigin View Post
    I'll take the hammock. What does it come with for suspension?
    Quote Originally Posted by maggot View Post
    I'll try to help.....

I wanted the tarp initially and mentioned in my reply "I'll take it" and that I could pick up to save shipping costs. At the same time, I was also trying to secure a deal with another member on an underquilt. The underquilt sale stopped once I found out the shipping was between 49 and 68 US dollars. I was also trying to get a DD hammock and the shipping for that was 55 US.

So in the pm process to find where he lived, noone had yet spoken for the uq or hammock and I said I'll take that too if availaible. I told the OP that I didn't want to overstep anybody but I'll take the works, come pick it up, and save him some shipping.

The OP didn't specify shipping in the initial ad, and with the above estimates I got for the uq and hammock at a minimum of 49+55+ ××× for the tarp, it could have cost him something in the 130-150 range. Or the buyer would have to pay substantially more.

With the money savings from him and a 1/2 hr pickup time seemed reasonable...

Hope this help, and was carried out fairly.
    The problem is there was an "I'll take it" posted for the UQ and the Superfly and second on the Superfly before your first post (which amounts to a 3rd on the Superfly) and than an "I'll take it" for the WBBB before jefftrex announced the items as sold.

HF For Sale rules are clear:

10. Buyers must always post an "I'll Take It" in the thread where the sale is advertised. This creates a public record of the intent, and officially claims the item. Posts *always* over-ride PM inquiries when there is a debate. In the case that there are multiple claims, the first "I'll take it" in the thread gets the first right of refusal.

By forum rules jefftrex is obligated to sell the items to the first posted "I'll take it's" unless those people choose to back out.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    13x10camo, SuprFly
    Insulation
    Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    webbing,biners,RL
    My pms came before any out that. I guess I did break a rule though and it all happened pretty quickly trying to sort two other deals and checking in on this one.....I'll take responsibility.

In defense of the OP, and shipping wasn't specified, the 135 dollar hammock would have to be either 80 if he eats the shipping costs, or the buyer pays shipping and pays 190.
    The fly being sold for 110 either sells for 70 for the OP or 150 for the buyer. And the 130 buck underquilt would be 75 or 185.

I wouldn't expext the seller to sell at the lower costs, and if adding shipping, one can buy these products new.
    So one can see why selling it all locally made sense.

I paypalled him 375 today, which is a lot of money for me. Only thing I'll add is having a rule to state if shipping is included.

I'll leave now...

FS: WBBB 1.7 single, WB superfly, leighlo FLUQ

Shipping was not specified...I did not realize he was in Canada because I'm using Tapatalk App on my phone. Also, I shipped something from Hawaii to Canada insured for $30 so it couldn't have been that unreasonable. My feelings are not hurt but the OP should clarify the situation.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast