DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    6 frownie faces... man o man... That is very unsatisfactory. I have never gotten that many before. not even in elementary school. I need to do better.
    If I do not get to go to Sipsey, I will have to stealth camp around here( in that place we talked about) to nullify a few of those frownie faces.
    I have not slept in the woods since february but it seems like 5 years.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    +1 on all that. We were gonna need the extra fire power for acorn wars. The darn kids are gonna out number us. Overwhelming forces you know. Still keeping hope alive that a last minute reprieve will arrive and you'll make it.
    Me too man, me too. I have a coffee can full of quercus montana acorns thaat will put the hurtin on any young man foolish enough to tangle with an experienced acorn chucker like me.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by halfastronomical View Post
    Me too man, me too. I have a coffee can full of quercus montana acorns thaat will put the hurtin on any young man foolish enough to tangle with an experienced acorn chucker like me.
    Are those the huge "mountain oak" acorns that Max likes to fling at road signs? We see those on the Pinhoti Trail, but none around my 'hood.

Sorry about the frownies--just sad y'all can't make it. If I had every week-end back that I was stuck in town on-call, I'd probably live to be about 150!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    As much as I hate to do this, I am gonna have to miss this one. My son's behavior this week has been "below my standards so to speak". I told him Monday we would cancel if things did not change, and I have cut him a lot of slack this week because I REALLY wanted to go. But, he needs to learn a lesson, an unfortunately this one is gonna be a hard one on me too. I SOOOOO wanted to be there, but gotta make the hard choices sometimes.

I plan to make the Cheaha hang though. I hope so at least. You guys have a great weekend.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aboyd View Post
    As much as I hate to do this, I am gonna have to miss this one. My son's behavior this week has been "below my standards so to speak". I told him Monday we would cancel if things did not change, and I have cut him a lot of slack this week because I REALLY wanted to go. But, he needs to learn a lesson, an unfortunately this one is gonna be a hard one on me too. I SOOOOO wanted to be there, but gotta make the hard choices sometimes.

I plan to make the Cheaha hang though. I hope so at least. You guys have a great weekend.

I hate to hear that, Ashley. But, one has to respect your character. As you already know: you're doing the right thing.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Yeah, I really want to be there. Wife still wants me to go, and let my son learn his lesson and stay home, but I am not sure. Will see, I guess there is a chance I may still go, but leaning towards not.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 Digital Camo
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah tarp 12
    Insulation
    Grapenut Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hey ashley if you come I have a device I made that I think you will get more use out of then me. P.S. bring your easton trekking poles
    "If there is a problem duct tape"

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Hey ashley if you come I have a device I made that I think you will get more use out of then me. P.S. bring your easton trekking poles
    You bet. If I don't make it, I plan to be at Cheaha next month.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    Yeti/ Black Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I hate to be a another bearer of bad news but I had something come up as well and will not make it. I was looking forward to the hang since it has been almost 2 years since I have been to the sipsey, thats going to have to change! Maybe we can plan another hang sometime soon before the Pinhoti hang, if not, im going to try and make it to that one. You guys have fun!
    Josh

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JC785 View Post
    I hate to be a another bearer of bad news but I had something come up as well and will not make it. I was looking forward to the hang since it has been almost 2 years since I have been to the sipsey, thats going to have to change! Maybe we can plan another hang sometime soon before the Pinhoti hang, if not, im going to try and make it to that one. You guys have fun!
    We're dropping like flies! Guess I'll have to wait a little longer to meet you Josh. Don't know about having another hang before the Cheaha hang, but maybe so in a couple of weeks. Who knows?

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast