where do you keep your....?

Hi all, I am new to this forum and new to Hammocks. I have a HH Expedition Asym all stock that I have not spent the night in yet. I plan on taking it on a weeklong trip in a very remote region in Washington State this summer. I have a couple of newbie questions, I looked through the archives a bit and couldn't find the answers, but I am sure these questions have been addressed before so forgive me for repeating. Question #1, I like to sleep with a small .357 revolver when I am in the wilderness, any suggestions on a good place to keep a firearm in a hammock safely? Question #2 what do you do with you boots when you climb in your hammock for the evening? Thanks for the help!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 243mhz View Post
    Question #1, I like to sleep with a small .357 revolver when I am in the wilderness, any suggestions on a good place to keep a firearm in a hammock safely?
    Two possible suggestions -
    - In a stuff sack, clipped to the little cord loop in the corner of the head end of the hammock.
    - In a Ridgeline Pocket Organizer

Quote Originally Posted by 243mhz View Post
    Question #2 what do you do with you boots when you climb in your hammock for the evening? Thanks for the help!
    With a HH, if you don't want to either leave them on the ground, or tie them to the end of the hammock rope at the foot end...you could tie the laces together, drape over the ridgeline, and let them hang out the bottom-entry slit.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    that about sums it up
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

My Khar PM9 spends the night in the little mesh pouch that comes attached to all Hennessy hammocks. I usually have it with me because I refuse to travel without a handgun, and I refuse to leave it in a vehicle at the trailhead. The odds of actually needing a handgun on the trail are pretty slim.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    I'm not a handgun user, but I can say that my boots get tied across the ridgeline and slung out the entry slit. Works even with the Hennessy SuperShelter.

Hammock
    HH Exp A-Sym
    Tarp
    HH 70D "HEX" PU
    I normally attach my shoes to the little clips in the hammock or on my last trip I used a #4 s-biner from nite-ize. As for mans 2'nd best friend I put both of mine in the little mesh pocket that comes with it. Also note that if you carry a roto holster it can bee attached to the ridgeline with no trouble.

FYI: I have tried this with a Berratta PX4 (FS) and a Sig Mosquito.

• + New Posts