Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps

Occupy Skagit II - Rockport WA

Drove 3 hours in the rain. Set up in the rain. Slept through rain all night. Awoke to more rain. Hung with fishy people in the rain. Tore down in the rain. Drove home in the rain.

Awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    Drove 3 hours in the rain. Set up in the rain. Slept through rain all night. Awoke to more rain. Hung with fishy people in the rain. Tore down in the rain. Drove home in the rain.
    Awesome!
    I've lived in Portland previously, and I don't miss the rain. Hopefully you stayed dry & enjoyed the fishy folks.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Thanks Paul, all fishy peeps were fabulous and I was hanging high and dry!
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Leighlo
    Lived in WA for 7 years. Miss the mountains, don't miss the rain.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky kid View Post
    Lived in WA for 7 years. Miss the mountains, don't miss the rain.
    The rain cleanses the soul and the air refreshes the lungs from all that is anti-wilderness!
    The rain is to be respected, revered and rejoiced. Good gear can square the odds with Mother Nature, just don't foolishly assume you will ever have the upper hand. The weekend was delightful, right up until I put my eyes on the Oso mudslide. Natural disasters are brutally powerful and indiscriminate to their innocent victims.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    The rain cleanses the soul and the air refreshes the lungs from all that is anti-wilderness!
    The rain is to be respected, revered and rejoiced. Good gear can square the odds with Mother Nature, just don't foolishly assume you will ever have the upper hand. The weekend was delightful, right up until I put my eyes on the Oso mudslide. Natural disasters are brutally powerful and indiscriminate to their innocent victims.
    I do not think Oso was a "Natural" disaster. I think logging and human error had a lot to do with it. I was reading the reports in today's news paper. There were fairly frequent slides in the area in the recent past, there were a lot of indicators that another catastrophic slid could happen in the foreseeable future. I feel the greatest sympathy for the families involved.

I think as Hangers we need to look our camp site over and try to be sure we are not camping in a area prone to landslides or avalanches. Oh, I almost forgot about flooding, sometimes there are large releases of what high in the mountain, then it washes down to lower elevations and floods the area. No one wants to be trapped by rising water.

I grew up in Western Oregon, I never thought a thing about the rain, just went on with life. Now, after living where there is almost always sun, even if it is very cold -45 C most winter days, I am not adapting well to the rain nor the grey days. I just want to sleep when we have grey days. Mild Winter and green grass and almost always something in bloom is very nice and colorful, but the rain, yuck.

• + New Posts