DIY Hammock - Thanks

Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for the wealth of information here and elsewhere regarding DIY hammocks.

I just completed a ripstop nylon hammock out of a 10'x58" sheet. I folded the hammock similar to what is depicted on Risk's page however I pulled the sides out as mentioned on Jeff's page. Must have re-whipped ten times until I got it where I wanted it. Currently using accessory cord, rappel rings, tree savers, and bunt line hitches to provide plenty of hanging options. The total weight is currently at 20 oz.

I try to spend at a minimum one weekend a month under the stars and intend to use this as my primary summer shelter. Weight being a concern for backpacking, I am going to try to add a tarp and bug net with a final total weight under 2 pounds. Figure I can drop a few ounces by going to lighter cord and webbing for the rigging also. From what I've read, it would seem that using this in winter with all the extras would put my shelter above my desired 2 pound limit.

At any rate, sorry to be long winded when all I really wanted to say was thanks.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Welcome to the DIY hammock world. I don't think there is a limit to the different ways to put a system together.

• + New Posts