Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerven View Post
    Yes I've had and tried just about every hammock out there, just came from a WBRR and my new Amok Draumr is more comfortable and roomy than anything I've tried.
    Have you (or any of the Draumr owners here) tried an Exped Ergo before? I'd be interested in a comparison, since they are a bit similar...not that I need another hammock purchase right now.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Finally got to hang mine today for the first time. I too found that you need a thicker pad, an 1.5" Thermarest didn't provide me with any structural support, so I went with a larger version Thermarest I had and found it to be better. Additionally, I am larger guy (6', 255 lb) so I am at the far end of the weight scale for the Draumr (265 max). I noticed that my center point in the hammock was down more to my feet, so I had some issues not bottoming out in the footbox. I think that's due to my weight, or to the fact that I wasn't far enough back toward the head end of the hammock. I'll work on that some more. I do like the way that I can angle my head up a little, it made for a very comfortable lay. As others have mentioned, it is a very flat lay, more so that then my RR. I am going to get a thicker pad and see how that does. More to come!

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    Thunderbird 11ft
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    This thing is impressive! I really hope that eventually I can afford one! I would probably walk into the woods and never come back with this setup, it just looks so comfortable!!
    Puppy love melts even a cold heart

Hammock
    Amok Equip.Draumr
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    Sleep Pad
    As good as they promised, they said they would ship by the end of July and the Amok arrived on the 3rd of August. I took it out to the park today for a trail run. The set up was a breeze and there is no difficulty in entry.
    I used a Thermarest pad that was adequate at about 3/4 of an inch thickness, but I think the Exped, which is recommended, will be my next purchase.
    Materials and workmanship are excellent. I should mention that I am a tad over the 265 lb. rating, but at no time did I feel as if I was going to be "let down".
    I tried the mosquito netting briefly and found it easy to deploy. It does hit the back of the head a bit, but I think using the recommended tie out or a rolled up camp shirt will solve this minor problem. Prior to purchase I had asked if Amok had a solid cover to replace the mosquito netting, but was told one had not been planned. The literature states that this product was not intended for "harsh conditions and bad weather". I will experiment with the tarp soon, but I would imagine that you hearty winter campers may want to stick with your Clarks. I, here in California, am looking forward to may comfortable nights of side sleeping. The "lounge chair" configuration is also amazing.

Starting to get excited for mine to arrive. Ordered it about 10 days ago, so should be here soon. That or I'll get an email saying its delayed... lol Either way, still excited.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Price and weight r still wrong. I'm out! Maybe if they make some changes. Or after a few more videos.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bob View Post
    As good as they promised, they said they would ship by the end of July and the Amok arrived on the 3rd of August. I took it out to the park today for a trail run. The set up was a breeze and there is no difficulty in entry.
    I used a Thermarest pad that was adequate at about 3/4 of an inch thickness, but I think the Exped, which is recommended, will be my next purchase.
    Materials and workmanship are excellent. I should mention that I am a tad over the 265 lb. rating, but at no time did I feel as if I was going to be "let down".
    I tried the mosquito netting briefly and found it easy to deploy. It does hit the back of the head a bit, but I think using the recommended tie out or a rolled up camp shirt will solve this minor problem. Prior to purchase I had asked if Amok had a solid cover to replace the mosquito netting, but was told one had not been planned. The literature states that this product was not intended for "harsh conditions and bad weather". I will experiment with the tarp soon, but I would imagine that you hearty winter campers may want to stick with your Clarks. I, here in California, am looking forward to may comfortable nights of side sleeping. The "lounge chair" configuration is also amazing.

For a cover in the winter time, you can try just hanging a poncho liner over the netting. I may try it this weekend just to see how it workes.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I set the hammock and tarp up this weekend. I love how everything matches, even the biners and stakes. (all blue) I found that the little pouches on the tarp that hold the tie outs works great with my hiking poles. The little pouch fit right over the handle on my bamboo cross country ski poles. So, porch mode was great. My synmat 9 worked very well and I slept good. I like the tarp, but wish it had a little bit more coverage. I think in a blowing rain I would get wet. I have a Gargoyle tarp I want to try with it, I think it will give me better coverage. The nice thing about this hammock is the trees can be closer together. If I use my Gargoyle tarp, I will need to use trees farther apart, and I don't know how this will affect the hang of the hammock. More testing to come.

I plan to take it to the Beach Bum hang this weekend for more hang time.

Mine arrived last week. Testing will wait as I need to lose four pounds to meet their weight limit... and because I'm busy, traveling a lot and weekends are full. Nowhere to hang this rig at home, as the hammock stand is way too low and wide. Oh well, something to look forward to next month maybe.

Hammock
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Dang, that would drive me crazy, having a new hammock at home and not being able to hang it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast