DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Good advice from all parties so far. All advice is spot on. Both are great quilts and are different in their own ways as stated above. I just got my hands on my first (used) UGQ and the quality is impeccable. They have a really good feel to them. I think that I will go with UGQ for my next new purchase. It was a hard choice for me, since all my other quilts are are HG, but I decided to go with a vendor that would actually answer my emails, pm's or phone calls. As far as the quality on both vendors, you can't go wrong with either.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy Lou View Post
    I wanted to make sure I sort of corrected the thought that we don't have a secondary suspension...All of our UQ come standard with secondary suspension.

And as far as having a shorter full length UQ and a little more narrower...we do have the 3/4 UQ as well as we will make it any size to fit specific needs. We have made many UQ of various sizes per customers request. We are always available by email or phone to answer any questions to help make sure our customers are completely satisfied.
    Thanks for the clarification, Missy!

In the end, it's kind of like the Canon vs. Nikon debate in the DSLR camera world. Both are great options, and offer similar features. People tend to stick with the one they already have, when buying new equipment to add to their gear pile.

New entrants can choose to go either way, and can rest assured that they will be happy no matter their choice.

I have 4 HG quilts - because most of them were purchased before UGQ existed. Were I to buy another quilt, I'd personally probably lean towards HG, simply because that's what I already have, and why not get matching gear? Were I to be starting from scratch, I'd strongly consider UGQ. After all, that Moroccan Blue Illume is seriously awesome looking ...

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, Missy!

In the end, it's kind of like the Canon vs. Nikon debate in the DSLR camera world. Both are great options, and offer similar features. People tend to stick with the one they already have, when buying new equipment to add to their gear pile.

New entrants can choose to go either way, and can rest assured that they will be happy no matter their choice.

I have 4 HG quilts - because most of them were purchased before UGQ existed. Were I to buy another quilt, I'd personally probably lean towards HG, simply because that's what I already have, and why not get matching gear? Were I to be starting from scratch, I'd strongly consider UGQ. After all, that Moroccan Blue Illume is seriously awesome looking ...
    I absolutely understand how you feel...i'm like that with Jiff Peanut butter vs. Peter Pan...Jiff has always been my go to Peanut Butter...UNTIL..they came out with Honey Roasted by Peter Pan..and once I tried it I found that it tastes better then Jiff...this was not easy for me to switch and it took me along time to even consider changing brands...but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and give it a whirl...lol

Having made my analogy..you are correct..it really does come down to personal preference and what someone feels most comfortable with..but sometimes its ok to step out of the box and try new things...and yes the Moroccan Blue is FABULOUS!

To the OP...you really can't go wrong here...HG makes great gear and Adam is a really nice guy...and we make great gear and I think we're pretty ok people too! LOL

Good luck in your decision
    Missy Lou - Senior Tarp Queen @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Classy stuff Missy Lou! Impressive to see and when making close decisions like this (HG vs UGQ) this is the kind of thing that would sway me. I hope you continue to get more business, it is very deserved.

Hammock
    Tonka Gear Gathered
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    HGincubator/burrow
    Suspension
    4wheel independant
    I cannot comment on UGQ but I can tell you I had great luck with HG. I recently ordered a 20 deg UQ and a week later a 20 deg TQ. Both times I called and talked with Adam to make sure I was getting what I needed. Not only did he spend time with me explaining things, he also assured me that if what I got didn't do the job that he would work with me to get me what I really need. Both quilts turned out awesome and I will be using them on the Hoosier Hang next weekend. Can't wait to sleep in my new down!
    “Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.”
    ― Steven Wright

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7D
    Tarp
    Superfly or DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator +MSS
    Suspension
    Straps or Whoopies
    I can't help with UGQ, but I can't imagine build quality could get any better than my HG incubator. I really like the argon material.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I have both and love them both. Life is filled with options. It is not option 1 vs. option 2. They just simply coexist. We can choose either, neither or both. You will not go wrong with these 2 as options. I can attest to that.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    ZPacks .74 cuben
    Insulation
    Hammockgear quilts
    Suspension
    Dutch hook/woopies
    Images
    I had the same problem. In the end I choose HG. Because of the weight savings and They are fast!

Hammock
    Camo WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 40*
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    I own under quilts and top quilts from both vendors and totally agree with canoebie, you can't go wrong with either one.

One thing you may wish to consider is that UGQ has a sale on right now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast