Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by e_2 View Post
    True. And I'm sure we all would love to see photos of the presentation!
    I was going to take video of how and what i did/am doing, then I thought about pictures. It just adds a layer of thinking I am not capable of at this point. I will however take pictures. I will try and take as many as I can. I will also take some of the finished products. Thanks for all your supports.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    as of 3am the hammocks were finished. didnt get to bags or rl's. i am going to give rain checks. i may make some rl's if i have time tonight. i am going to try and measure and cut a few bags, maybe sew one to show them. i have 12. 10 dl and 2 sl. 7 brown dl 1 brown sl. 3 camo dl and 1 sl. i have 2 pieces of material left. a 7' and 11' section. i wish i realized that i could have made another dl, but i should have plenty for the bag.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    as of 3am the hammocks were finished. didnt get to bags or rl's. i am going to give rain checks. i may make some rl's if i have time tonight. i am going to try and measure and cut a few bags, maybe sew one to show them. i have 12. 10 dl and 2 sl. 7 brown dl 1 brown sl. 3 camo dl and 1 sl. i have 2 pieces of material left. a 7' and 11' section. i wish i realized that i could have made another dl, but i should have plenty for the bag.
    Well, atleast the hard part is done, how good does that feel? by now you should be pretty good with that thread injecter !

Hammock
    diy gathered end
    Tarp
    WL big daddy
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    ucr's
    Any news on how this went over? Did they like the hammocks/ did you finish everything in time?

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    So its been a taxing week or so. I have gone from up late 3am or so for several days leading up to my super scout weekend camping, then sunday I drove to myrtle beach for a digital forensics conference, then back it time to be sick, then to a charlotte knights scout night followed by sleeping on the grass. So I am still sick. I also still need to make then bags and the rl's. I already got a pic back from a happy customer. I had several puzzled faces and in am sure I will need to give classes on how to set it up.

I had organized a team competition amount the scouts and as such didnt have enough time to set up and show everyone how it works. I had several people, other then who I gave them to, ask about my stuff. Either what I made or used. I even have people wanting to see how I did it. Asking about the machines and materials.

I thank all of you who helped and followed this far. I of course pointed everyone in the direction of this forum.

I am going to be part of the venturing group my troop/pack just started. I hope to be able to help them along with this process. I still hope to start a little side business in making some of this stuff. My goal would be to charge people double the cost, giving me enough material to make 2 of something and give one to the person ordering and the other would go, free, to a scout. The other project I will start will be full rigs for the scouts in my sons webelos 2 group when they bridge in Feb. I hope to be about to make either zippered or add a bugnet and tarp. Complete with snake skins, rl organizer, stuff sacks. Dutchgear may be out of my price range for 5-12 boys. We have the same 5 boys that have been together since tigers and we usually add and subtract thru the year.

Hammock
    diy gathered end
    Tarp
    WL big daddy
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    ucr's
    Its a great thing you are doing for the side business.... a 1 for 1 deal is a really cool idea and im sure your future customers will be happy to know their money is also going to help out a scout. Congrats on completing your project and be sure to do a thread....(with pics!) on the ones for your sons bridge!

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011