Clark NX200
    Tarp
    Clark RX200
    Insulation
    in process
    Suspension
    Bone stock Clark

Another Noob, just ordered my first Hammock

Hey all, I just placed the order for a Clark NX200.

I have been an avid motorcyclist and "car camper" for years. I have made some attempts at car camping from motorcycle & the size and weight of gear (low grade dome tents for example) always made the ride less fun and the stuff that had to be left behind from car camping made it less fun & well .. . I'd pretty much given up on the idea of camping until my little ones get old enough to do the "family camping" thing (visualizing luggage strapped to the roof of a car nearly dragging its back bumper, Clark Griswold style). Well, along came Clark (or at least my awareness of them) and I started having visions of riding out with a backpack on my back and nothing strapped to the bike, of traveling light, but not deprived, of hanging in the trees and quiet issolation (from hormonal, pregnant wife and toddler) Yeah, I won't leave them alone for long. Mostly thinking a night or two, every now and again will help me be at peace so I'll be less grouchy around them. I am 6'3" and 220, figure the NX200 should be just about right. Who knows, when the kids get older we might be camping in a flock of hammocks & maybe able to fit everything in the trunk

Anyway, looking forward to reading more on this Forum and learning everything I can while I await the UPS man.

Sweet!! You are gonna love it!

-ZA

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Macx View Post
    Hey all, I just placed the order for a Clark NX200.

I'd pretty much given up on the idea of camping until my little ones get old enough to do the "family camping" thing
    I started having visions of traveling light, but not deprived, of hanging in the trees
    Who knows, when the kids get older we might be camping in a flock of hammocks & maybe able to fit everything in the trunk
    congrats on your finally taking the plunge and ordering something... That's how I got my first hammock too. Once you do get it, set it up several times before disconnecting anything or changing anything.

Don't wait until the "little ones" are older. I started camping w/my daughter when she was a baby. As long as you can lay them down in a safe place to sleep, they'll be fine. What you can do now is to either learn to make some "el-cheap-o" hammocks or order some of the cheap parashoot nylon ones that you can find on Amazon. I just ordered a "pink" one for $16. With these you can hang them up out in the back yard (or go to the park on the weekends) and have your whole family just hanging. This will get them used to it and wanting more!!! Plan things like outdoor cook-outs and picnics at the park. don't worry about the weight of things right now, just have fun instead.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie, biner
    Images
    Great choice! Have fun with it!

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    congrads,,, next you will be doing DIY projects...

Hammock
    Clark NX200
    Tarp
    Clark RX200
    Insulation
    in process
    Suspension
    Bone stock Clark
    Yeah. . . . Got a tracking number for the package. . . . getting itchy for arrival.

DIY projects does sound fun. I have been more a wood and metal guy when it comes to projects, but could see myself picking up a used but nice sewwing machine and getting crazy with the cheese whiz.

Yeah actually, inspired by MRH, I just tied a blanket up with paracord on one end and tied the othe end of the cord off to a heavy bench . . . put my daughter on it and raised it up a little & she just loved it. We may become a family of hangers.

• + New Posts