GG pad and underquilt

Has anyone tried to use a Gossermer Gear ultralite outside of the hammock with a JRB Nest? I used the pad the other night inside my hammock with the Nest and it kept me warm (low 30's) but had some moisture build up on the pad.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I don't know how well the GG pad would conform to the outside of the hammock. May create a lot of air gaps.

I have had the same moisture problem with the GG pad; moisture pooling a little at the lowest point of the pad, usually the small of my back. I had thought about making a cover for my GG pad out of some sort of wicking material.

I have also completely removed the pad and still been plenty warm without it. If you are a warm sleeper you should be able to do low 30's with the nest alone, adding clothing if you get cold.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Just as a side note here (I think I'm in the minority on this), I've been warmer without a pad (inside the hammock) than with one. When using a UQ too, of course. My theory (not tested at all yet) is that, since the pad changes the geometry of the you-hammock system, it creates air gaps that weren't there before. Both between the UQ and the hammock AND between you and the pad. A thinner, more flexible pad would be an improvement - this was a 3/8" Walmart blue pad. A good system for putting the pad under the hammock would help too, although I'm not convinced that such a thing exists for CCF.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

• + New Posts