pole mod on diamond

i've seen the threads about a pole mod used on a hex tarp where two poles cross underneath the tarp to hold it up and out. has anyone tried a pole mod with a square tarp hung as a diamond and using a single pole?

Hammock
    DIY R2B3 (Black Bear Burrito) + HUG
    Tarp
    Noah12, Mambajamba
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie + straps
    Images
    Yes, using the Dutchware site tarp pull clips, didn't do so much for me, but gave me about 5 inches added. Sorry, no pics, Ill try to get one next setup.
    .... the Aardvark (earth pig)... a rather unremarkable creature whose sole claim to fame is that it is the first animal listed in the dictionary.
    Rob

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Good question, I think Handy Hammock has a prototype diamond tarp with a pole mod and it looks pretty slick. I am unsure of how many have tried it, but it's an outstanding idea if you're looking for a mean looking shelter system. As a matter of fact...I do have some supplies coming in and had a diamond tarp in mind...hmm
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

• + New Posts