Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Thank You" to the mystery HF members

So I know this will get moved to the donating members area, but I do not know who the members were (being kept a secret) and if they are by chance not donating members I hope they see this before it is moved.

I was just notified from Donna (ZQ of 2QZQ) that two mystery HF members contacted her and paid for my families tickets for Mahha! Words cannot express the gratitude and sheer emotion we are feeling of such an act of kindness, I actually shed a tear...which doesn't happen often.

To whom ever it was, from the bottom of our heart's....Thank You! I am a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around" and I hope that good fortune comes your way. This has surely brightened my day!!!

I don't like to put myself out there but, I was injured on the job back on Sept 3rd of last year and will be at some point (once it is approved by workers comp or in court) having back surgery. I have not been receiving full pay this whole time, rather 66 2/3rds of it. We get by, we are not struggling, but not able to do as much as we used too. I am still able to put food (healthy food) on the table, keep a roof over our heads, and pay the bills so all is well. The kids are still as happy as they were before I got injured so we are doing something right I guess. We have not told the kids yet that I will be having the surgery until it's approved and scheduled, no need to worry them and get them all worked up until it's time as who knows how long it will be before it's approved and scheduled.

I hope that I am physically able to make it to Mahha as it may be my last for some time, at least until I am healed from the surgery, and I would like to see my friends again and hopefully make new ones (we do every year).

Please understand we are not asking for anything, I just wanted to take the time to publicly thank the two unnamed donators.

Again from my family to you and yours...Thank You!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I understand the feeling of gratitude on these forums all too well. Its good to hear that even in a rough time you are able to keep your family fed and happy. I hope that you and fam can enjoy this well deserved break from the grind. Good luck with the back stuff...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Speedy recovery to you, Yoda! I hope you make it to MAHHA so you can soak up all the goodness in person. May this kind jesture of helping cover your cost, I hope it is just a start to your healing. Peace, Two Tents and ben
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&amp;DutchGear
    Images
    Best of luck to you and your family. Have fun at MAHHA!

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    I hope you can get to MAHHA this year.

Just being around such a great group of folks is therapeutic, and support is always helpful.

Speedy recovery and we will be watching for you

TZ
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    I understand the feeling of gratitude on these forums all too well. Its good to hear that even in a rough time you are able to keep your family fed and happy. I hope that you and fam can enjoy this well deserved break from the grind. Good luck with the back stuff...
    Thanks Fish. I hope to make it, although we have talked about it and if I cannot make it the Wife and the girls will still try and go, as the girls have such a wonderful time every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    Speedy recovery to you, Yoda! I hope you make it to MAHHA so you can soak up all the goodness in person. May this kind jesture of helping cover your cost, I hope it is just a start to your healing. Peace, Two Tents and ben
    TT (and Ben of course) thank you for the well wishes. I hope whom ever donated knows that we are very appreciative of such a kind thing.

Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Best of luck to you and your family. Have fun at MAHHA!
    Thanks Raff.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    I hope you can get to MAHHA this year.

Just being around such a great group of folks is therapeutic, and support is always helpful.

Speedy recovery and we will be watching for you

TZ
    Thanks TZ. You are absolutely correct, it is therapeutic.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I was just notified from Donna (ZQ of 2QZQ) that two mystery HF members contacted her and paid for my families tickets for Mahha!
    SWEET!!! Trail magic doesn't only happen on the trail.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Here's hoping you get well soon.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hopefully this thread is a reminder that the kindness of the members of this forum is like none other. I hope that that is whats taken away from this thread as I don't want it to be about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    SWEET!!! Trail magic doesn't only happen on the trail.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Here's hoping you get well soon.

Rain Man

Maybe it should be dubbed "Forum Magic"?

Thank you sir.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast