Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings

Hammock RL tangle problems?

Hey guys!

Alright we'll I have a structural RL on my hammock and I love it although couple issues I always have with it and tbh it's annoying me, one problem I have is when packing/unpacking my hammock and trying to set it up the RL gets all tangled up in my woopies and it's not a huge deal although it's just rather annoying I hate untangling cord. And the second problem is I have a gathered end diy hammock and I just larks head the woopies on the bunched up ends of the hammock and it works so I just have my RL with a carabiner on each side and basically just clip each end of the RL onto the woopie slings right above the hammock which leads to when I unpack the hammock I find the RL completely sleds off the hammock suspension during packing up or setting up.

I also have though about just completely taking off my RL clip one side of the hammock to the tree then clipping on my RL from their.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do about all the tangling mostly? Thanks a tone!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    DIY tablecloth struc. ridgeline
    Tarp
    Noahs Tarp 12
    Insulation
    Blue WM pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Armor Like Fire View Post
    Hey guys!

Alright we'll I have a structural RL on my hammock and I love it although couple issues I always have with it and tbh it's annoying me, one problem I have is when packing/unpacking my hammock and trying to set it up the RL gets all tangled up in my woopies and it's not a huge deal although it's just rather annoying I hate untangling cord. And the second problem is I have a gathered end diy hammock and I just larks head the woopies on the bunched up ends of the hammock and it works so I just have my RL with a carabiner on each side and basically just clip each end of the RL onto the woopie slings right above the hammock which leads to when I unpack the hammock I find the RL completely sleds off the hammock suspension during packing up or setting up.

I also have though about just completely taking off my RL clip one side of the hammock to the tree then clipping on my RL from their.
    Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do about all the tangling mostly? Thanks a tone!
    I just start by rolling up the straps on one side, roll up the hammock (with SRL attached), and just keep rolling. Makes a package about the size of an old Nerf Football.
    Time is but the stream I go afishing in. Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    My ridgeline is built into my hammock and never comes off. I like to roll my hammock up instead of stuffing it. There are at least 2 advantages to this. One, it takes up less room packed, and two, it helps keep lines from finding one another and tangling.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Feed the ridgeline inside the larks head with the hammock, pass the end of whoopie through the loop one the ridgeline, tighten the larks head and the RL won't come off. Like this substituting the whoopie sling for the webbing shown in the photo...

IMG_0114 (Medium).JPG

When taking my hammock down, I unhook a whoopie at one end, gather the whoopie in my hand and stuff it in the bottom ot the sack, stuff the hammock in as I walk toward the other end, unhook the second whoopie, gather it in my hand and place it on top of the hammock in the stuff sack. To hang the hammock, I reverse the process and have no problems with tangles.

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey
    Insulation
    none
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/Dutch
    For $1 - $2 dollars you can buy one of the Puff bath scrubby things (the ones that are round). Cut the central cord and you have a 10-12" tube that weighs practically nothing. Cut off a section and make snake skins. No fuss - no muss - no tangles.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    DIY CF Asym
    Insulation
    Zpacks HGincubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I twist my hammock a little bit before putting it away - the ridgeline stays untangled at no extra weight and with a minimal time investment.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Feed the ridgeline inside the larks head with the hammock, pass the end of whoopie through the loop one the ridgeline, tighten the larks head and the RL won't come off. Like this substituting the whoopie sling for the webbing shown in the photo...

IMG_0114 (Medium).JPG

When taking my hammock down, I unhook a whoopie at one end, gather the whoopie in my hand and stuff it in the bottom ot the sack, stuff the hammock in as I walk toward the other end, unhook the second whoopie, gather it in my hand and place it on top of the hammock in the stuff sack. To hang the hammock, I reverse the process and have no problems with tangles.
    That larks head RL thing is guenons! I feel stupid I didn't think of that lol!! That's what's need thank you!!
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cchelm View Post
    For $1 - $2 dollars you can buy one of the Puff bath scrubby things (the ones that are round). Cut the central cord and you have a 10-12" tube that weighs practically nothing. Cut off a section and make snake skins. No fuss - no muss - no tangles.
    Yah I tried the puff thing but riped I right off he bat and that was annoying so I dint really like that way it's to fragile but I like the idea
    Paragon Fury

• + New Posts