WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS

Is the 3-Season Yeti big enough for me?

I've been looking at getting the 3-season Yeti for a while now - but whenever I look at all of the pictures and reviews of it, it leaves me wondering if this under quilt is going to be big enough for me (i.e. - if it will actually cover me from my shoulders to my knees).

I'm 6'2 and I'll also be using the WBXLC. For those of you who have experience with the Yeti - do you think it's safe to assume that the Yeti will be a viable option for me?
    "I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I'm also 6ft 2 and just ordered a Yeti. My shoulders to knees is 43 inches. The yeti is 46 inches long. While close, the coverage is there. I'm weight conscious and am buying this specific UQ for 3 season use (warmer temps) so I actually prefer the smaller coverage. If that doesn't apply to you, a slightly bigger (Hammock gear Phoenix is 3/4 as opposed to Yeti at 2/3) or even full size quilt may be worth looking at.

For the record I use a long/wide thermarest ridgerest pad in the winter in my XLC and find it very comfortable. I asked Brandon what he thinks I could get down to temp wise combining that with the 3 season yeti and he said most likely zero, maybe even a little lower. So when it does get colder and coverage is more of a concern I can still have the option to use the Yeti + pad and not worry about being covered.

Just some of the things I was considering when ordering the Yeti. Hope it helps. My apologies if it was not relevant to your intended usage.

Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Thanks for your feedback! It sounds like your situation is pretty similar to mine, and that's precisely the kind of input I was looking for.
    "I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    I have a 30* LeighLo that is 48 inches long and I'm 6'1". Fits my xlc great. I can't see the extra 2" being that different but hopefully some yeti owners will weigh in. I'm thinking of getting the winter yeti so will keep an eye on this.
    Brady

Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Thanks for your input Brady. I just measured from my knees to my shoulders yesterday (I hadn't even thought of this obvious bit of due diligence) and 46 inches seems to be more than long enough, with a good 4-6 inches of excess space to spare. I'm thinking it'll be safe to go ahead and order the Yeti. I'll try to remember to update this thread once I've had a chance to test it out.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Good to hear. Mine just shipped today so I'll update you with my initial thoughts when I get it. Definitely going to be doing some testing on my deck immediately as I have a trip next weekend I'd like to use it for.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Got my Yeti in today and I have to admit the thing is really sweet. I draped it over my shoulders and it hung down past my knees, so the size is there. After hanging in it, for my purposes I honestly feel it is the perfect size. Anything bigger would be wasted weight.

I reviewed it a bit over in the Warbonnet forum. Here is a link if you want to read some more details and see some pics.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...d-Edge-unboxed!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Thanks for the update loghangin!
    Brady

• + New Posts