DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Ripstop By the Roll camouflage material came in;

Hello, much much thanks to Kyle for the services and providing us with this material with a very quick shipping! (shipped out last Friday, I got it in mail yesterday)

First impressions;
    the two different treatments make the material feel slightly different from each other.....it is sturdy, and feels good....I was not sure which one was which (my mistake, should've asked to put labels on them...oh well!), so I did the breath test...confirmed one is silnylon, the other is DWR breathable....

one caveat, the camo did not match the first pic of the sample when I ordered, now that the roll in the store picture shows it better, it is clear that this isn't as green as I thought it would be at first.... BUT, it is still useful, as I know several places that are predominantly gray and tan to hang my hammock from.....
    I will be making a hammock shelter similar to the one offered by Warbonnet for their bridges, but with bug mesh on the ends and meant for my gathered end hammock out of this material
    here are two comparo pictures with the Ebay woodland camouflage and woodland hammock and USGI poncho (which is yellowed because of age, being from 1986, PU coated)

Camo Materials 1.jpg

Camo Materials 2.jpg

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Obviously you didn't try walking on the fabric, else you would have fell down once you hit the sil like I did . Thanks for posting and glad you like the new camo! The uncoated and the silnylon should be an almost exact match with one another. Only difference is that the sil will be slightly darker due to the coating.

A note on the difference in color from the original sample. The original sample that I posted was a 15D silnylon which is significantly thinner than what's being used in the field today. Based on my testing of all these different ripstop nylon variants, you will inevitably lose durability and have increased stretch when moving to the thinner/lighterweight fabric. I wasn't comfortable rolling the dice, so I stuck with my standard 20D. The thinness of the 15D material makes the camo print not saturate the same as the thicker 20D, which is why the colors are slightly different.

Please post some pics when you're done with your project!!!!
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Banned
    Hammock
    camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders
    I got mine and have my hammock done and am working on my winter tarp.
    The hammock which is 10feet 9inches with the end loops and the suspension (whoopies and straps) and bag weight roughly 9oz.
    The winter tarp which is 12 in the center and 15 feet on the door cuts weight 1lb with the tie outs and a tad more with the bag and suspension.
    I also did my static test in the shower with some rubber-banded around a cup and it was dry as a bone after 15mins in the shower.
    I am happy with everything. Other people are asking me about making them hammocks.

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsx-rboy750 View Post
    I got mine and have my hammock done and am working on my winter tarp.
    The hammock which is 10feet 9inches with the end loops and the suspension (whoopies and straps) and bag weight roughly 9oz.
    The winter tarp which is 12 in the center and 15 feet on the door cuts weight 1lb with the tie outs and a tad more with the bag and suspension.
    I also did my static test in the shower with some rubber-banded around a cup and it was dry as a bone after 15mins in the shower.
    I am happy with everything. Other people are asking me about making them hammocks.
    How's the winter tarp coming along? If you have some pics I'm building a customer project page and would love to show off your stuff.
    - Kyle

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Hey Kyle; I got my tarp finished up and made a trip report in the trip section; heres the link to the post with the pics of the finished tarp
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1248174

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie82 View Post
    Hey Kyle; I got my tarp finished up and made a trip report in the trip section; heres the link to the post with the pics of the finished tarp
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1248174
    Well that's different . Glad to hear everything turned out well. I'll have to study up on your design a little before I can ask any further questions LOL. Thanks for posting pics of the finished product.

I also got the chance to hang my new camo tarp for the first time at last weekend's Smoked Butt Hang. I'm a camo fan to begin with, but I have to say I couldn't be happier with the results. The pattern also turned out to blend fairly well given the lighter colors in the leaf litter and sunlight through the trees during the day.

Big-Sil-camo-outside.JPG

Big-Sil-camo-inside.JPG
    - Kyle

• + New Posts