Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I agree with cavediver2. Go back and look at my Warbonnet ElDorado review from forever ago and you'll see glowing comments, but review scores of "1". My feelings got hurt a little (), but it is pretty easy to overlook the rating score. I think it defaults to "1", so if the poster doesn't notice it you get a bad score.

Maybe one of the mods can change the default to "3" so the ratings aren't so severely impacted by the folks that just miss it.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I never voted on this review in fact I didn't even see that part of it but if I could still vote it certainly would not be a 1 I thought the review was good.
    hmmm now that has got me wondering why it shows me as a 1. Why on earth would I give a 1 to something I thought was good that floors me.
    I thought your rating didn't match your written comments...glad to hear it was an oversight.
    I can pick a rating for this review eveytime I respond to a comment...it gives me that option in the section above the comment box. Myabe you have that option too.
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    Cat Tarp Standard
    Insulation
    JRB MTW4 & MTW3
    Suspension
    ropes with huggers
    Images
    Yes, it is super comfy and is great quality. I do like this hammock and recommend it.

Two other hammocks to compare for comfort are the Claytor, and the JRB Bridge. I've never slept in a bridge, but last year at the MAHHA pan let me lay in it for a while. I thought it was very comfortable. In fact, I think that will be my next toy.
    Scott Macri
    www.IronFlyOptions.com

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB quilt
    Suspension
    rings & straps

Smile My 2 cents

So I've read both Cannibal and Hack's reviews. Bought my Clark in April but decided up front not to get the tarp as I'm gonna put the money I would have spent on it towards a speers winter tarp as it seems like a very good overall option. the downside has been a month of rain in new england and so I haven't had a chance to hang outside yet overnight but have been able to hang in my studio and I set it up every time I hike just for practice. I haven't had any trouble with the ropes and have used the drip ring method with the tree huggers but I will admit that they are a bit clunky and cumbersome to work with but they do work. I also have seen in several reviews that the Clark is narrow and considering that I'm 5,10" and thin I haven't felt that to be the case but I have noticed that if there is excess spacing between trees it will not have enough sag and will feel very narrow when you get into it. Overall I'm really happy with my Clark, the weathershield is a great option and I love that there is plenty of headroom to sit up inside. As a newbie I'm def. open to suggestions and will probably change my suspension to a strap and biner system of sorts but for now will make due as I don't think that the factory setup will fail and I've gotten fairly quick at setting it up.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    Cat Tarp Standard
    Insulation
    JRB MTW4 & MTW3
    Suspension
    ropes with huggers
    Images
    Yea, I would love to not have gotten the tarp with mine, but I didn't realize it was an option. I should have got the XL. I sent an email to Clark's a week or two ago to see if I could exchange (and pay the difference) for the XL, but once again, I never heard back. So I guess I am stuck. I cannot see paying $105 for the XL.
    Scott Macri
    www.IronFlyOptions.com

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    On a side note, I'm a little sad that Clark lovers here can't seem to look past a reviewers criticisms...I mean the only 2 Clark loyalist who have responded gave this review a "1" rating, the worst possible score? The only possible reason is the review wasn't 100% positive. You guys hammered Cannibal and now Hack gets the same treatment. You want a perfect 5 review...do it yourself and stop banging anyone with a different opinion than yours.
    Bad Day? I did not even know there was a voting tab. I just found out it only shows up if you go to advanced mode. If you use the quick reply there is not an option.

I was agreeing that an UQ could be a problem, offered a possible solution, and did not overly defend the tarp.

I mean the only 2 Clark loyalist who have responded
    Now being a called a Clark loyalist has just gone too far I don't mind being grouped with Cavediver but a Clark loyalist?

All kidding aside the voting feature has an issue when posting that maybe the moderators can fix?

P.S. Just noticed that I can see the ratings before I sign in but after logging into site the ratings no longer show up at all. So when I replied the first time there were no ratings showing up on the left side. Log out they show back up ????
    Last edited by hangnout; 06-26-2009 at 18:03. Reason: additional comment

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    there now my rating will reflect it

Hammock
    Kalisto
    Tarp
    Funky Forest
    Insulation
    One Tigris
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    One thing not mentioned as an advantage is zippers on both sides.Its great to get in and out of both sides.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark

A real review would not include other products

This hammock is extremely comfortable.
    Agreed
    What I like:
    Comfort, Comfort, Comfort, Weather Shield, bug net (removable).
    Weather Shield, bug net is not removable but storable at the foot end in a pocket provided.
    What I don't like:
    tarp, ropes and drip rings
    Comfort:
    This hammock is a Cadillac when it comes to comfort. For me it is top of the line in comfort. What more can I say. I can easily sleep on my side too.
    Agreed
    Tarp:
    Get real, the tarp is the size of a Kleenex. It does not really protect the bottom of the hammock from cross wind/rain. I have tested it in minimal rain and kept dry, but fear using it in a bad storm. If you have a down under quilt (UQ) I would not use this tarp in the rain for fear the UQ will get soaked. I prefer small tarps, but this one doesn't seem to look like it would work very well. Cross winds/rain could be a serious issue.
    I ordered the Vertex as an up size, and may have been the first person to do so,
    as it was not available as a choice on there website until my request.

I really do like the system used to keep the bug net suspended. It works very well.
    Agreed
    Weather Shield:
    This is the best feature on the hammock as far as I am concerned. I absolutely love it. It helps keep you warm, and kees the rain out. However, it is only water resistant, not water proof.
    Mostly Agreed: Clark-website does not say water proof, only
    "The WeatherShield is most useful to those who anticipate cold weather (50° F / 10° C or below). "
    Ropes:
    Terrible, I woke up on the ground every time I used them because they stretch so much.
    I have found that I am close to the ground never been on it
    Many things stretch and bend and as I am laying in
    Very few things in the world will not stretch some . . .
    . . . I have learned to hang it so the result is acceptable.
    Drip Rings:
    Not bad, but can easily get lost because they are not permanently attached.
    Each time I pack up my rig, I run the rings down the rope towards the hammock,
    then holding the rope/ring in my palm,
    rap the rest around my hand,
    the foot end rope is then placed inside the hammock foot end and rolled some
    and stuffed into the bag, and when the head end is in the bag,
    I release the head-end rope from the tree, slide the ring towards the hammock,
    and repeat the rap procedure so I have a coil
    and place in the hammock stuff bag.
    Haven't lost a ring yet.
    Bottom Pockets:
    They don't work very for keeping warm. I have tried many different items. However, I tried some Climashield xp and it seems to work pretty well. I am having some down mini-under-quits made to stuff int he pockets. We'll so how they work. I'll write another review.
    I like the pockets except in the summer when they do make it to warm
    and that is where the Clark Tropical hammock would be good no pockets.
    The pockets make it awkward for putting an under quilt on the hammock. I need to do more experimenting to see if the pockets are worth using for keeping warm.
    So far I like the Z-Liners and will also make some extra pads w/down.
    Quality:
    I give this hammock a high mark for craftsmanship and quality. It is very well construced, very durable and looks great.
    Agreed
    Overall:
    I give this hammock high marks, however I would like to see some mods. Ditch the bottom pockets, replace the ropes and drip rings with better quality ones. I can live with the pockets, but have to figure out the best way to use them to keep warm. I will keep trying and post all my findings.
    I don't Agreed
    If your in the market for a hammock I would consider the Clark. However, I find the price to be much too high when comparing to their competitors. The Claytor JH is 1/2 the price and is just as comfortable. It is just as good of a quality too. However, the Claytor lacks the features of the Clark. If you like features, and have the cash, go for the Clark.
    I spent 2 months researching all hammocks and
    I feel the money is well spent and well worth it for the Clark products
    I use a NX150 and I'm extremely happy.
    I also have purchased the The Clark Tropical 2 and the TX-200
    and have used them as well,
    and they get my full endorsment.
    Last edited by Bradley; 10-03-2010 at 11:09. Reason: spelling
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'll throw my two cents into the pot here...

I agree with pretty much everything the OP said in the review. My first hammock was the NA's larger brother, the NX200. This thing was indeed a Cadillac of a hammock! I still regret having sold it. Super comfy for a "banana" style.
    The weather shield rocked.
    The stock suspension was not so great. I replaced it with a webbing/rings and structural ridgeline set-up, similar to what RAW had done.
    The larger Clark tarp was not so great either. I stopped using it as soon as I was able to get another tarp.

The whole thing was pretty bulky and heavy compared to something like a Blackbird, but overall it was a really nice hammock and I would like to acquire another one some day.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12