Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I am sorry that Hactrious and Cannibal are getting this kind of flack but I assure you will never here that from me.
    Never heard anything nasty from you brother. The PMs and emails I received from active members of this forum were, at worst, testy and defensive. Most were quite civil, just pointing out the many virtuous features of the Clark tarps; no offense was taken. I was just surprised by the passion of 'Clarkies' (is that a new word? ) for the tarps.

That said, I 'lurked' the aforementioned board many moons ago and watched someone get beat-up for negative comments. Learned my lesson and will make my comments here where minds are generally more open and words less sharp.

Viva Hammock Forums!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Let's face it. This collective group of people is a unique experience. I can truthfully say I spend very little time on any other boards.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    If I didn't value the thoughts of others I would have most certainly not let Cannibal borrow my Clarks everyone knows what his favorite hammocks.

I asked him to give and unbiased report of them and I thought he did. I am sorry that Hactrious and Cannibal are getting this kind of flack but I assure you will never here that from me.
    Cavediver,
    Curious...what is your relationship to Clark hammocks? Owner? Consultant? happy customer?
    I seen your posts in the past and you seem directly involved.
    Again, just curious.
    Thanks
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    Cat Tarp Standard
    Insulation
    JRB MTW4 & MTW3
    Suspension
    ropes with huggers
    Images
    I am writing this this morning as I lost internet connection last night around 11pm. This was a good thing as I was just getting ready to post a reply to this post. It has given me some time to think about how I was going to reply to this and my choice of words.

I do not wish to get into a war on here especially one about an other forum.
    But it is evedent that Hacktrious feels the way he does and for that I am truly sorry.

I do not feel that the group is an uptight,close minded or even snots I do think that it was taken to far by one person and maybe the wrong words used by another that has happened on this site and many others I am not defending the actions of anyone.

It has and I hope will continue to grow and with that I hope people can learn from one and other and what is said weather good or bad from that group.

If I didn't value the thoughts of others I would have most certainly not let Cannibal borrow my Clarks everyone knows what his favorite hammocks.

I asked him to give and unbiased report of them and I thought he did. I am sorry that Hactrious and Cannibal are getting this kind of flack but I assure you will never here that from me.

so this uptight,close minded or even snot is going to read some more on HF
    Yes, it's always difficult to detect the tone of a message in writing. So perhaps the intent was not meant to be harsh. I guess it was harsh for me to say they were snots too.... lol Eeesh, even in writing.... lol

I don't mind getting some flack, but if someone's going to give it, they better be prepared to take it as well.
    Scott Macri
    www.IronFlyOptions.com

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    Cavediver,
    Curious...what is your relationship to Clark hammocks? Owner? Consultant? happy customer?
    I seen your posts in the past and you seem directly involved.
    Again, just curious.
    Thanks
    Just a happy clark hammock owner I could only wish that I was an Owner or even a little bitty clark owner. as for a Consultant the only Consulting I do is of my own free will and accord

Nope just a regular Joe like the rest of us who is at this moment drawing unemployment until the next Nuclear job opens up in Oct. often wondering the career I have chosen is the right one especially with the months of unemployment.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Just a happy clark hammock owner I could only wish that I was an Owner or even a little bitty clark owner. as for a Consultant the only Consulting I do is of my own free will and accord

Nope just a regular Joe like the rest of us who is at this moment drawing unemployment until the next Nuclear job opens up in Oct. often wondering the career I have chosen is the right one especially with the months of unemployment.
    thanks...seemed liked you had a direct line to Clark for the Vertex stuff...
    months of unemployment should equal months of camping bliss!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    thanks...seemed liked you had a direct line to Clark for the Vertex stuff...
    months of unemployment should equal months of camping bliss!
    I do not live to far from you so you will understand that when I say it's to freaking hot to hang you will know what I mean. Until it cools off camping is out of the question.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sounds like AZ this time of the year. You have to drive high into the mountains to find bearable temps.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Ummm, I told you so.
    Clark users are fiercely loyal. You should have seen some of the PMs I got when I knocked the Clark tarp.
    If that happened, that is strange to say the least. Then again, I did send nasty PMs/ e-mails, nasty posts and did some stalking when not every one originally liked the HHSS quite as much as I did. But that's just me and we all know I'm odd!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    I am a member in that group, but I don't go there very often.

I like all hammocks, but I do love my Clark. But I wouldn't call me loyal. I can't spend enough nights in each of my different hammocks. I have to keep rotating. JRB BMBH was last week, maybe back to the Clark again this week.
    Me too, though I don't have a Clark in the mix. And I don't need one, either! I need to sell some hammocks and tarps!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast