Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Nice videos. Good to see something of the northern woods. Thanks!

The SPOT idea sounds good. It will be interesting to see how it works. Go for it.

One thing about the video. I will let the other folks who know more than I do comment on the technical details but it was nice not to get blasted away by music too loud or the voice track. Quiet is fine!! ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater View Post
    Enjoyed part two as well. Nice report! Suffing the quilts straight in is definitely easier. The only reason I would ever put them in another stuff sack would be to compress them down smaller for more pack space, but I dont find that necessary with the Ohm 2.0. I also sub'd to your channel. Take care.
    Thanks for that. I completely agree, in fact this weekend I plan on going no stuff sack to give it a longer test. I appreciate the subscription.....

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Nice videos. Good to see something of the northern woods. Thanks!

The SPOT idea sounds good. It will be interesting to see how it works. Go for it.

One thing about the video. I will let the other folks who know more than I do comment on the technical details but it was nice not to get blasted away by music too loud or the voice track. Quiet is fine!! ;-)
    Yes, we need to show off a bit of what NY has to offer...thanks for the comment.

I appreciate the SPOT Gen3 feedback, if just a few are interested I may just send the link to them. I will keep you posted and definitely make it available to you.

YOU DONT LIKE LOUD MUSIC AND VOICES??? Happy Trails!
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    **** owls!! Get me every time!!!! Great video!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG, AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I finally got the chance to watch this part 2 video. I enjoyed tagging along on your hike. That really is a beautiful area up there!

I vote "yes" for sharing the google map link for us to follow you. I would certainly understand if you decided not to do it, so your hike isn't so "public".

I thought the camera placement over your head was interesting. On the one hand, the movement of your head caused me a dizziness (or something like that), but on the other hand, I now know what it feels like to be well over 6 feet tall! (Total guess on your height.)
    *Formerly "kleinrider"; no longer own any Klein bikes, so figured a change was in order.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Standard CF
    Insulation
    DIY TQ,Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hodgson Family Cemetery ...Ira, James and Lydia. Died 1819,1843,1828 respectively.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    USGI PL UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps
    Great videos! Nice editing...those blacks boxes are insect traps, prolly some SUNY ESF or Cornell study, doesn't look like emerald ash borer traps...could you share how you attach your bottles to your shoulder straps? Shock or para cord? Great idea!
    I would have drank the twisted tea!

Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Hey Rob,
    Excellent video, I really enjoyed it! That's a beautiful area up there.
    TreeShelf?!? What kinda cockamamie contraption is that? haha

-Klauss
    My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rexmichaelson

"But hey, 2 trees anywhere is a bedroom waiting to happen, right?"

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshep420 View Post
    **** owls!! Get me every time!!!! Great video!
    Amen to that...I have a history with owls. Thanks for taking the time to give it a view!

Quote Originally Posted by kleinrider View Post
    I finally got the chance to watch this part 2 video. I enjoyed tagging along on your hike. That really is a beautiful area up there!

I vote "yes" for sharing the google map link for us to follow you. I would certainly understand if you decided not to do it, so your hike isn't so "public".

I thought the camera placement over your head was interesting. On the one hand, the movement of your head caused me a dizziness (or something like that), but on the other hand, I now know what it feels like to be well over 6 feet tall! (Total guess on your height.)
    Haha, are you sure the whole video didn't just make you sick to your stomach that area is fun for sure, thanks for joining me. I have had a few people show interest in the Google Map view, I am leaning towards making it available. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by greygorilla View Post
    Hodgson Family Cemetery ...Ira, James and Lydia. Died 1819,1843,1828 respectively.
    Excellent information, thanks! Now I am really curious about the age of that tree...

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy68 View Post
    Great videos! Nice editing...those blacks boxes are insect traps, prolly some SUNY ESF or Cornell study, doesn't look like emerald ash borer traps...could you share how you attach your bottles to your shoulder straps? Shock or para cord? Great idea!
    I would have drank the twisted tea!
    Thank you kind sir! I like the big-foot theory better That is the stock ULA water bottle holder equipment, both are shock cord. Torben Bo Hansen and Chad Poindexter (stick) have videos showing how to make a modified version. Actually, after the trip I made the mod myself and I will show/talk about it this weekend on my trip report. Thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaussinator View Post
    Hey Rob,
    Excellent video, I really enjoyed it! That's a beautiful area up there.
    TreeShelf?!? What kinda cockamamie contraption is that? haha

-Klauss
    Appreciate it Klauss! TreeShelf, as seen on TV. You cook on it, it will wash your dog, it will drive your car, it can paint your house. The Tree-Shelf..get one at a store near you. Do you need a PR man?
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12