Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Do a grid walk, patrol the area and secure the perimeter.
    I always find all that left behind stuff. My mis-matched tent stake collection is amazing!!!!
    Stakey Shug
    You missed my tree strap on the NCT hang, so you must have been as distracted as I was - I ended up going back in to Porcupine lake on Saturday, and it was still there, right where I wrapped it around the tree. It was one of Brandon's camo straps, so easy to miss. Not like Dutch's bling, that was kind of easy to spot, and was left on purpose by a previous camper. Mental note: remember straps. Got it.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    You missed my tree strap on the NCT hang, so you must have been as distracted as I was - I ended up going back in to Porcupine lake on Saturday, and it was still there, right where I wrapped it around the tree. It was one of Brandon's camo straps, so easy to miss. Not like Dutch's bling, that was kind of easy to spot, and was left on purpose by a previous camper. Mental note: remember straps. Got it.
    I left my straps in the backyard while testing. I was not a long walk to get them. I decided I need a plan to not leav them in the woods. My plan for now unless I can find a better one or it fails, is to not take the tarp down untill the straps are down and in the proper place in the pack. I don't think that I will miss the tarp on the trees.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Sorry I've been gone, I could have saved you some suffering. I always do an "around camp" check once I've packed-up. Since your site as a whole 10' away, I did one there too.

Found 5 extra stakes at TD this year. Cheap junkers, but what the heck.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    This wasn't TD where I thought I forgot my straps - work takes me to Damascus pretty often. When I'm on my own, I sleep in the hills, not in that swamp!
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12