Hammock
    Amazona Moskito
    Insulation
    Mother Nature
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas

In from deep south Mississippi

I found this forum from a few pieces of advise from over at BushcrftUSA. I was looking at ways to hang my Amazona Moskito hammock in my backyard. I had hung it a few times while on camping trips using 550 cord wrapped and lashed to two trees. This worked ok seeing I am 135# and used the same two trees (same camping spot). I then found out that Atlas straps were a lot better option as some places require tree straps and they are way more reliable over 550 cord.

Back to my yard story: I enjoyed napping in my hammock while camping so much, I wanted to do it around the house. I have a few trees in the yard, but none are close enough to hang using any two. I had first thought to use a heavy gauge T-post on one end and strapped to a tree on the other. That didn't go well and the longest post I could get ahold of was not long enough, nor sturdy enough in the ground (the ground didn't hold well). I then thought to concrete a 4x4 post into the ground as another anchor point besides a tree. That would be a good idea, yet it was a pretty permanent location for my hang. I didn't want something permanent, and wanted to be able to move my hang in various places in the yard. I was given the advise to check out the TDS thread and I have read 85 of the 200+ pages over the last two days and am looking forward to making mine tomorrow.

I would have never gotten my hammock if it wasn't for a work (Lowe's) program where you do quizzes and questionnaires about work and get points for each. You got prizes for the points and had previously gotten a French Press coffee maker, bbq grill accessory set then I saw the hammock. I thought it would be nice to lounge in it when on camping/hunting trips as it did turn out to be. I saved up enough points and got the Byer Amazonas Moskito Hammock. So looking for a way to hang my hammock at home is how I found this cool place.

About me: I am 32years young, have a fiancé who we have an adorable three year old girl named Satori. Her name is an old Japanese Buddhist term for "enlightenment". I love the outdoors and spend most of my time out in it. From working in the yard/garden, swimming, fishing & hunting; I am outside a lot. I m pretty handy and not too many things I can't do, or figure out how to do. I live on the MS Gulf Coast, so sun and sand are in my blood. I have been working at Lowes for over 12years now. I am the Product Service Manager there which entails putting up displays, signage, aisle resets when new items come in, etc...Basially, anything you see at Lowe's I have had my hands in it one way or another! I have been doing that for a little over a year there and previously was the delivery manager for 11years strong. I had a great crew and we all worked well together. But eventually our bodies started wearing down. I had a knee operation at the age of 25 and didn't want another, so we got out of delivery one by one. I enjoy a good craft beer or bourbon and a cigar to relax with. I also run a small cigar review/news site, NiceTightAsh(dot)com {free shameless plug}. I have been doing it for a few years and it helps me pass the small amount of free time I get.

Look forward to reading through this site as I already have been; there is lots of handy information and I have only scraped the surface!!

Thanks for having me!
    Shawn

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Welcome to the forum from NJ...

Images
    Welcome to the forums from the central part of the state. We gotta get a MS hang in the works some day. Lots more where we come from.

Hammock
    SMR Solo/Dream Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Did somebody say craft beer?

Hammock
    Amazona Moskito
    Insulation
    Mother Nature
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntn View Post
    Did somebody say craft beer?
    O yes, love me some craft beer! The darker, thicker stouter the better!! Too bad we still have to go out of state to get a lot of "good" stuff. Its ok, Im 30mins from Mobile, AL and there is a great place on the outskirts of town that has a great selection. I bootleg about once every month or so.

Hammock
    SMR Solo/Dream Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I hear ya. It's a lot better than it was a couple of years ago though thanks to RYP.

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    From Gautier, welcome to the club Shawn.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    Welcome from Alabama!

Hammock
    Amazona Moskito
    Insulation
    Mother Nature
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntn View Post
    I hear ya. It's a lot better than it was a couple of years ago though thanks to RYP.
    RYP got a lot of the fame for the raising of the alcohol %. It was also the distributors as well. I am a personal friend of a guy who owns a few distribution companies in the state and he spent a good time in Jackson getting the % level raised. Either way, we got some better brews on the shelves now!

• + New Posts