Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images

Osprey Aether 70 Medium Magma Orange (LIKE Brand New)

I am selling my Osprey Aether 70 back pack and rain cover. I have never used it backpacking. I have attempted to load it up and it has ridden in the car but I have never had it on the trail. (Sad I know). No straps have been cut or removed. This pack has been in a smoke free pet free home. $250 $240 $230 Final Reduction Shipped CONUS PAYPAL

Save on shipping (I will discount cost) I will be at the Smoked Butt Hang in Durham, NC May 2-4 or in live in or near the Triad of NC. We can meet.

**** write up from REI.com*** for 2014 model
    Slip the Osprey Aether 70 pack onto your back and enjoy the comfort of a custom, heat-moldable hipbelt and a superb, lightweight design for your backcountry adventures.

Removable hipbelt can be custom molded for a perfect anatomical fit; it offers superior load support, stiffness and padding with dual-density foam for enhanced comfort
    Osprey-certified custom molding available in most stores—check your local REI store for a custom hipbelt molding oven
    Dual-density foam harness with spacer mesh promotes airflow and wicks away moisture during warm weather and intense activity
    Suspension features a peripheral frame, a smooth, spacer-mesh back panel, single stay and an internal framesheet
    Running down the sidewalls, the peripheral frame anchors to the load-lifter straps and hipbelt, transferring the load to your hips and resisting sag
    HDPE framesheet and a center aluminum stay protect your back from bulky or pointy items and support heavy loads
    Top lid can be removed and converted into a lumbar pack; hipbelt can be removed from the pack and attached to the lumbar pack for comfortable carrying
    J-zipper panel access on the front of the pack body makes stowing and accessing your gear a breeze, even when it's buried deep in the pack
    Externally accessible bottom compartment with a wide mouth and divider accommodates all types of sleeping bags
    Zippered hipbelt pockets and stretch-woven side pockets keep essentials accessible; stretch-woven front pocket with welded vent accepts Osprey AddOns™ (sold separately)
    Compression system with 3 horizontal straps and 1 internal strap lets you securely compress the contents whether full or nearly empty, and without sag or load distortion
    Trekking pole attachment, side gear straps, ice axe tool loops, cord loop attachment slots and removable sleeping pad straps accommodate a variety of alpine gear
    Hydration-compatible design features reservoir sleeve and dual drink tube exit ports for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
    Osprey Aether 70 pack shaves weight yet remains tough with a 210-denier double-ripstop nylon and and 500-denier? plain-weave oxford nylon bottom

Weighs 4lbs 12oz
    fits waist 30-34 torso 18-21

DSC04621.jpgFront view
    DSC04622.jpgback view
    DSC04623.jpg Isoform hip belt
    DSC04624.jpg Made in the USA rain cover Purchased separately from Lawson Equipment [Packcovers that should work since they are rated for a pack 3,500-5,000 cu.in. (57L-82L).] (included with Purchase)
    DSC04625.jpg the rain cover on the pack. It would fit tighter with stuff actually in the pack.
    DSC04626.jpg how small the rain cover packs down
    DSC04627.jpgStored in a dust resistant bag

Save on shipping I will be at the Smoked Butt Hang in Durham, NC May 2-4 or in live in or near the Triad of NC. We can meet.

thank you for your time and remember the first who says "I'll take it" gets it.

* point of clarification the dust resistant bag is not included in the transaction. unless you want it $5
    Last edited by Silverpalm2x; 04-26-2014 at 07:41. Reason: point of clarification
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    DIY Purchased Through HammockForums
    Tarp
    Mega Ogee Tarp
    Insulation
    3/4 Under Quilt
    Awesome Looking Set-Up !

Too Bad It Is A Medium Rather Than A Large.

countryboy210
    The Silence Of Nature, Has Many Sounds.

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    thanks Countryboy210 I wish we could work it out but I can not make the pack bigger haha.

regularly $289 from REI.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival

Hammock
    11 ft Dutch
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 season New River
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    Images
    I was actually offered a new (2014) model and 40 dollars for my pack like that. I asked the rei employee why and she said the 2013 are a better pack then the new ones.

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    Thanks @Jtoon, I know it is a great backpack I shopped for a long time and wish I could have used it. I am hoping to get some panniers or put money towards a new bike for commuting/ touring.
    I am not sure if this is 2013 or not it might be. It is definitely not a 2014.

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO, DIY's....
    Tarp
    HG, JRB, DIY...
    Insulation
    UGQ Top/Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch ti/amsteel
    Fwiw....
    I Think the 2014 and 2013 is the same pack/model. The newer Model was changed very little in 2013 the hydration bladder is moved to the outside of the pack against your back for easier access. Newer model is sold in red, green and blue. The orange was the previous model not sure how many years it was sold though... These are really good hauling packs (both models.

Hammock
    11 ft Dutch
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 season New River
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    Images
    they changed the shoulder straps to be a bit tighter together and they now chafe on the side of the chest area, depending on body size, and changed something with the straps on the back of the pack which i didnt even notice until the REI lady pointed it out to me, but yes they changed the hydro pack location as well.

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO, DIY's....
    Tarp
    HG, JRB, DIY...
    Insulation
    UGQ Top/Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch ti/amsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by JToon View Post
    they changed the shoulder straps to be a bit tighter together and they now chafe on the side of the chest area, depending on body size, and changed something with the straps on the back of the pack which i didnt even notice until the REI lady pointed it out to me, but yes they changed the hydro pack location as well.
    Thanks, new someone would chime in with more info. One of the reasons I went with this pack was the hydration bladder on the outside seemed to be more convenient. Now I don't use a hydration bladder at all. Lol The evolution of a backpacker...

Hammock
    10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith
    FYI if you ditch the brain you loss about a .5 to 1lbs.

:The top lid/cover when containing a pocket is sometimes referred to as the Brain. This might have come from the fact that maps and the 10 essentials are often kept there.
    Last edited by jlink79; 04-24-2014 at 20:47.

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    I am lowering the price to $240 Paypal Shipping included to CONUS.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast