Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    What were you wearing? Are you heavy guy or skinny?
    Mid-weight base layer and hiking socks.
    I'm about 230ish. Can't be skinny and call yourself Cannibal.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    I know, that w/o a pad, I've got down to 25 perhaps with a midweight baselayer and insulated booties.

Hammock
    1.1dbl WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks DCF
    Insulation
    SLD Enigma/WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Finally got to understand what you've all been talking about. I used my new Yeti with low temperatures at about 45F. My feet were cold without my GG sitpad underneath them. But with the insulation under the feet, I was very comfortable. Of course when the yeti would slide on me (usually when I switched to a side sleeping position), I would feel some coldness ... but reaching out and pulling the Yeti back up against my side brought the warmth back. I'm using a GoLite top quilt in combination with the Yeti. I'm a cold sleeper, so not sure how I'll feel when the temperatures get into the teens this winter. The reflective liner may need to join the collection.
    Dan
    W7DDM

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    +1 for my new Yeti UQ. I had two nights of windy weather this weekend in the mid-to-low 40s and was toasty (35 degree sleeping bag inside the BB). I used my NeoAir (about 1/3 inflated) and folded in the foot/leg area with no problems.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Got to use the Yeti for three nights. Temps were in the mid 50's with lots of wind, two of the nights with rain. Using it with a BB double layer I put my sit pad in between layers in the footbox. Worked out very well, but I did have to make a couple of adjustments. One was to shift the Yeti once or twice and the other to make sure the pad and quilt overlapped. I don't think I would be warm with this set up much below 40*. I could be wrong. This is not the winter quilt which I think will work out better for me. My thought is to use it in conjunction with a JRB Hudson River in cold weather. I like to be super warm at night.As for Brandon's craftsmanship, it couldn't be nicer. I like the clever way it moves for adjustments. I love it for its weight and size as well. Makes a big difference pack volume for summer use. Keep the ideas coming.

Images
    yeah, i've been saying 30's for cold sleepers, 20's for warm sleepers. there's really a big difference between the 2. well see how accurate that is here in a couple months i guess.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Yeti / Ultra 20
    Suspension
    Straps/Biners
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    yeah, i've been saying 30's for cold sleepers, 20's for warm sleepers. there's really a big difference between the 2. well see how accurate that is here in a couple months i guess.
    Is this your normal yeti or winter version? I want to buy a yeti but I'm having trouble figuring out which top quilt I need to pair it with. I like the JRB Shenandoah but dont know if it will keep me at the warmpth I would like. Any thoughts?

I'm a warm sleeper, say I had a yeti, and I am looking to stay warm down to the 20's and dont want to carry a pad.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Rocky Mountain Sniveler.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeEnthusiast View Post
    Is this your normal yeti or winter version? I want to buy a yeti but I'm having trouble figuring out which top quilt I need to pair it with. I like the JRB Shenandoah but dont know if it will keep me at the warmpth I would like. Any thoughts?

I'm a warm sleeper, say I had a yeti, and I am looking to stay warm down to the 20's and dont want to carry a pad.
    The Shenandoah is not going to cut it for those temps IMO and I am a warm sleeper too. The Shenandoah is much more a summer quilt with its sewn thru baffles and short loft. I love mine, but it's a spring/summer quilt most of the time. I've taken it with me on a few really cold trips as a back-up booster, but Just Jeff is right. The RMS is my goto quilt in winter. The footbox actually provides quite a bit of insulation under your legs; much more than I would have imagined.

I still suspect you're going to need something under your legs. Be it a thin pad or your pack, but 20s are about 15-20 degrees cooler than I am comfortable with nothing below the legs. Upper 30s is about my limit before I put something down there underneath.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yep - I use a Gossamer Gear NiteLite under my legs now.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast