Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeEnthusiast View Post
    Is this your normal yeti or winter version? I want to buy a yeti but I'm having trouble figuring out which top quilt I need to pair it with. I like the JRB Shenandoah but dont know if it will keep me at the warmpth I would like. Any thoughts?

I'm a warm sleeper, say I had a yeti, and I am looking to stay warm down to the 20's and dont want to carry a pad.
    That is like saying I don't want to get rained on but I don't want to carry a tarp. If you don't want to carry a pad you'll need a full length underquilt.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Yeti / Ultra 20
    Suspension
    Straps/Biners
    Got it. I dont think I would like the wearable quilts like the rocky mountain. So would you say that I would be good to say the 30's with the yeti and something like the hudson river? I am fine with putting my pack or my clothes in a stuffsack under my legs.

I will not be out in the winter but I just said the 20s because you never know if its going to drop on you. I mainly want something thats 3 season and can keep me warm if there is an unexpected drop or if I'm high up. I'll say that I dont plan to be out there if its going to get to 30

Images
    the 3 season version (12.5oz)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeEnthusiast View Post
    Got it. I dont think I would like the wearable quilts like the rocky mountain. So would you say that I would be good to say the 30's with the yeti and something like the hudson river? I am fine with putting my pack or my clothes in a stuffsack under my legs.

I will not be out in the winter but I just said the 20s because you never know if its going to drop on you. I mainly want something thats 3 season and can keep me warm if there is an unexpected drop or if I'm high up. I'll say that I dont plan to be out there if its going to get to 30
    You don't like wearable quilts? You like being cold and or carrying more weight?

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Grass skirt
    I'd love to use my quilt as a poncho, but I don't think it'd fare too well round the fire.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Then get a 3-season top quilt and augment it with a jacket and/or insulated pants when you're going out in colder weather.

If I'm wearing my quilt around camp I always put my rainjacket over it. Much easier to clean a rainjacket if it gets dirty, or much cheaper to replace it if it get damaged.

Though my down jacket does have a few pinholes burned into it from fire embers. Wifey wasn't happy about that...
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    I'd love to use my quilt as a poncho, but I don't think it'd fare too well round the fire.
    If you have a fire you shouldn't need much extra insulation, therefore a wearable quilt would fare quite well. A No Sniveler, JRB Hood, JRB sleeves, and a down vest with the collar attatchment for the hood is the lightest, most versatile insulation system available.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I don't use my wearable quilts around camp too much; best of intentions and all that. TAK is right about the fire and that's usually why I don't wind-up using the poncho as a quilt. BUT, I do very much appreciate those wearable quilts in the mornings. I love a frigid night, but loathe a cold morning. I can keep myself nice and warm while I'm packing-up. Also a nice way to put pants on with out the cold breeze hitting my giblets.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345