Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    i tried it the other night. i used a 15x18 pad in the footbox.

Images
    all the comercially avail underquilts are made from water resistent dwr fabric. this is enough if you're using a normal sized tarp.

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I've said it before in other threads but I tried a blue Walmart CCF pad trimmed to go from the end of the Yeti to the end of the hammock/footbox in between the layers on my Blackbird. I had condensation problems both times I tried this. Maybe it's not an issue in warmer temps but with temps down into the mid 30's to low 40's I got considerable condensation. The condensation was inside the hammock and soaked the hammock material all the way through with standing droplets. Under the Yeti it was bone dry. After this experience I started to put my pack inside the hammock and put my feet on top of the pack. I had no condensation at all doing this. In warmer weather this summer now I still use the Yeti but I haven't put anything under my feet as I find it to be unnecessary.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    That's what I like about UQ instead of ccp, they breath. I was, however, surprised that your legs and feet caused that much condensation. It was always my back that was sweaty. Maybe some foot powder is in order .

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Oms View Post
    That's what I like about UQ instead of ccp, they breath. I was, however, surprised that your legs and feet caused that much condensation. It was always my back that was sweaty. Maybe some foot powder is in order .
    Yeah, maybe I just have hot feet.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Got my Yeti, showed up a couple of hours after I left for my trip this weekend . Wasn't anyone fault. Guess I need to do another trip . It's very nice and the fill seems very dense. No voids at all. Great job Brandon!

Hammock
    DIY Cuben
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    down,over & under
    Images
    I have a 3/4 uq, my oq is down with a fairly deep footbox which insulates quite well. I suppose in colder weather I might need some nmore insul, like my18X14 in ccf sit pad. gnome

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

for the knee/calf/foot issue

I've ordered the thermarest neoair seat.
    Try as I might to get my head around using a true sit pad inside my hammock I cannot. I love a sit pad and have carried one for many years on the trail and will probably continue to carry one for that purpose but the neoair seat will only be used in the hammock...thinking I don't want to bring crap into my Warbird for the Warbird's sake and also my top quilt. I know you can brush the seat pad off but over time the little crap builds up. The neoair seat will be a 2.5 ounce penalty and I'm hoping it will keep the lower leg warm down to 30F but I'm a very cold sleeper so fingers crossed on that one.
    I have a medium neoair and played with it for a while to see if i'd like it; i do IF you abs have to sleep like a lowly worm on the ground but even as advanced as sleeping pads have become there is still a thousand light years between it and the bliss of sleeping on a cloud er hammock.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I have a 3/4 uq, my oq is down with a fairly deep footbox which insulates quite well. I suppose in colder weather I might need some nmore insul, like my18X14 in ccf sit pad. gnome
    I'm of the same opinion. I've been down to the high 30s now with nothing under my feet/legs. I'm convinced the footbox does a lot more than I have given it credit for. I don't think I could get much colder without something because at 38F, it woke me up. I was able to adjust and cram more quilt under my legs and sleep the last couple of hours, but I probably should have grabbed my pack and thrown it in. Just too lazy I guess.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I'm of the same opinion. I've been down to the high 30s now with nothing under my feet/legs. I'm convinced the footbox does a lot more than I have given it credit for. I don't think I could get much colder without something because at 38F, it woke me up. I was able to adjust and cram more quilt under my legs and sleep the last couple of hours, but I probably should have grabbed my pack and thrown it in. Just too lazy I guess.
    What were you wearing? Are you heavy guy or skinny?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast