Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

interior hammock

If one was going to hang indoors permanently, I'm wondering what kind of setup would be best? I would think you probably want some minimal insulation on the bottom, and you probably wouldn't want to fiddle with any modular equipment like an UQ or pad, just to make it easy to put the hammock out of the way when not in use.

Would something like a quilted hammock suffice, and is there anyone making something like that?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    For indoor use I prefer my Jarbidge underquilt from Arrowhead Equipment. And I hang my hammock indoors with eye bolts in my wall.

-David
    I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    I have a WB DL xlc and when I hang inside I do not use insulation just a blanket on top and plenty warm. Also, hang from eye blots.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Let me tell you what I'm getting at... I'm interested in the application of hammocks instead of multiple twin mattresses in a large sleeping area. I think the use of a separate pad or UQ for warmth is going to be a barrier to acceptance of the idea, especially when we're talking about borderline even needing any insulation. I'm wondering if there is a quilted hammock being made or something similar?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    I am planning to make a double layer Table Cloth hammock soon. My plan is to sew a wool blanket into the middle for this very purpose. I will let you know how it turns out. It may be a few weeks though.

Oh and before i got an underquilt i just hung an old bed sheet under my hammock and that did the trick for me. So at least in my basement i think something thin like that should be more than enough.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by f k View Post
    I am planning to make a double layer Table Cloth hammock soon. My plan is to sew a wool blanket into the middle for this very purpose. I will let you know how it turns out. It may be a few weeks though.

Oh and before i got an underquilt i just hung an old bed sheet under my hammock and that did the trick for me. So at least in my basement i think something thin like that should be more than enough.
    Definitely let me know how that project works out. I would think some light open cell foam might work. Would be great if you can keep it from being crushed, but even when its crushed it should act like a thin layer of ccf, which ought to be enough.
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    DIY Bridge: The metro
    Tarp
    DIY - 11 by 9.5
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    marlin sp./whoopie
    Images
    I make double layer hammocks and use a fleece blanket or a wool blanket between the two layers. A blanket between the two layers doesn't move around a lot, but if the corners of the blankets have elastic attached to them they can be attached to the ends of the hammock for more security.

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    From my experience sleeping inside, you don't need to have any bottom protection if you don't constantly have could air moving in your house.

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    In our place I use a light sleeping bag which is open too the top .but its still winter/spring here.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    I fulltime and my first indoor hammock had a UQ of poly batting sewn to a 6' scrap of the same fabric as the hammock which was sewn to the hammock along the sides. This resulted in the poly batting coming apart with weekly launderings. This UQ was removed and replaced with a separate undercover made from a tablecloth with an attached asymmetric quilt from an earlier experiment. It just loops over the mini spreader bars on the hammock and can easily removed to wash the hammock. I sleep with a fan blowing over me an the AC runs about 9 months a year.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast