WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    Terra Nova
    Insulation
    Graylock3
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by lilprincess View Post
    Hello ladies and gents, I would love to have a thread that talks about how we have do some things differently than our dear gentlemen. For instance: do you even fully change in the woods? In your hammock.
    My longest trip has only been three days. I can totally live with staying in the same clothes up top for that long. In the fall I'll be out for a week or more. How do you discretely change your short and bra in the hammock?
    How about get your stuff ready laid out in your hammock or on a camp chair. Have your tarp set in an A frame shape. Throw your underquilt over one open end and your top quilt over the other open end. All that should show would be from the knees down.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    Terra Nova
    Insulation
    Graylock3
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryRoads View Post
    Poncho. Good idea, though I'm guessing most of us could do it with just a shirt. I'm kinda with lilprincess; I don't change unless absolutely necessary. I go to bed late at group events, so sometimes I just make sure there are no lights near me, set my stuff out, turn off my headlamp and do it in the dark. Always the chance of some one getting up, I guess that's a risk I take. I've also done the...stealthily look around...coast is clear...ok MAD DASH!!! 3.5 second change! Never been caught...that I know of...

GrannyPat, didn't know the bottle thing could be done. Where do you practice that? In the bath tub? And can I just ask, am I the only one who can't seem to help getting splatter all over the bottoms of my pants when I pee? Grass is the best but there's no grass back in the woods! I use that "turn off my headlamp thing" to pee in the middle of the night too.
    To keep your ankles dry, try sitting on the very edge of a downed log. That way you can move your feet far away. That is all I can do since I tore my ACL.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    Terra Nova
    Insulation
    Graylock3
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterdogma View Post
    I'm a lazy backpacker, the less thought I have to put in to my equipment the better. With that being said, I like the zipper. I keep the pulls at my shoulder, so I know where they are at all times. Easy in and out. It is fun to try all kinds before you pick one.
    I put a piece of glow string on the zipper pulls for dark nights.

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    This is just a suggestion, for those who don't like to pee in the woods. If you have a chair or stool you set up under your tarp, and you can close your doors down at the ends of your tarp for privacy. Get a Maxwell house coffee container (the big blue one with the big opening on top) put it in your chair under your tarp, sit on it, pee in it, put the top on it, then discreetly empty it in the morning somewhere out in the woods. Never have to leave your tarp to pee. Pant legs stay dry.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Images
    Hey y'all. I haven't gone back and looked through this whole thread yet, so I don't know if this topic was discussed or not. (I'll do that in a bit; right now I'm posting on a work break.)

I've been using a WBBB for the past few years. Really like it. I generally get out for several weekends/year, including a couple BWCA trips, all using the hammock.

What I'm wondering is if any women have tried/used an amok draumr. I've heard a little bit from women regarding how it works for them. I'm intrigued, but I'm looking for more feedback before I take a plunge. Given differences in height, center of gravity, etc., I'm interested if anyone has any first-hand experience.

Hammock
    Krazy Hammock
    Tarp
    ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I know this is an old post, but I've just joined the hammocking world. I would really be interested in an all women hang! I would love to see an update on whether or not you got this together and if you're having another one.

Hammock
    Krazy Hammock
    Tarp
    ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am also new to hammocks, but I live in middle TN. I would be willing to travel to be with other hammockers, learn more about setting up efficiently, see what gear others have, and make new outdoorsy friends.

Hammock
    Krazy Hammock
    Tarp
    ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Magnolia, I live in middle TN, and would love to go hammock camping with another female. My husband is several years older and doesn't even like the outdoors anyway! I have only been hammock camping once, but can't wait for cooler weather to go again. I haven't done any backpacking/hiking--well, only short day hikes, but would be willing to go sometimes.

Hammock
    Krazy Hammock
    Tarp
    ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just saw this, so it's too late for me, but I would love to know how it went. I'm new to hammock camping and would love to get with others to learn more.

Hammock
    Hybrid 1.7 GE, Happy Medium Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    I suspect you've missed the "Reply With Quote" button?

• + New Posts
  • Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast