DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i don't think laying in the hiker's rest would feel much different than my top entry type w/ spreader bar.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...5/P2110155.JPG
    Last edited by slowhike; 04-06-2007 at 15:23.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    What I'm thinking is that with three points tied off, the hammock would have a really difficult time flipping - one of the female dino's real concerns in a top loader. I was terrified in the Speers in 2005 at Trail Days. Didn't try it last year.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    It's REALLY hard to flip a Speer hammock. The center of gravity is pretty low
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    It's REALLY hard to flip a Speer hammock. The center of gravity is pretty low
    yep, it would be hard to flip. as soon as you sit down in it, your point of contact is well below the center of gravity.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    That is comforting to hear and I may be less skittish now. When I tried the hammocks in 2005, I was only 2-3 months off my walker. I was still quite bruised and tender (I still have three large bruises from that wreck in 8/2004 ). Falling down hurt really bad back then. I did not have the lower body strength on the right side to move myself around much in the hammock - I wasn't able to get into 'the sweet spot' in the Speer and it seems to rock from side to side. My right leg could hold about 80% of my body weight only if it was perfectly positioned - it could not catch me if I fell (this ability has come only in the last few months and is why I have quit using my cane on hard, level surfaces). By the time I got out of the Speers hammock, I was shaking and nauseous from fear.

I tried the Eno as well. Never found the sweet spot, but sunk in low enough that I wasn't terrified I was going to flip / fall out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    That is comforting to hear and I may be less skittish now. When I tried the hammocks in 2005, I was only 2-3 months off my walker. I was still quite bruised and tender (I still have three large bruises from that wreck in 8/2004 ). Falling down hurt really bad back then. I did not have the lower body strength on the right side to move myself around much in the hammock - I wasn't able to get into 'the sweet spot' in the Speer and it seems to rock from side to side. My right leg could hold about 80% of my body weight only if it was perfectly positioned - it could not catch me if I fell (this ability has come only in the last few months and is why I have quit using my cane on hard, level surfaces). By the time I got out of the Speers hammock, I was shaking and nauseous from fear.

I tried the Eno as well. Never found the sweet spot, but sunk in low enough that I wasn't terrified I was going to flip / fall out.

Do dino's ever sleep.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    This dino slept from about 10 PM to 3:30AM. The snow in the area is making my metal parts ache

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12