Fox Outfitters Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ / OV Aerie
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies

And Now I Wait...

Just ordered a New River 3 season (red) from the folks at Arrowhead. Can't wait for it to arrive. This is gonna be my first UQ. I've managed with a pad and sleeping bag for a couple years but finally decided to make the switch after a sub 20 degree hang back in January.

Test and Review to follow.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    kAQ New River, DIY
    Suspension
    Varies w/hammock
    Identical story to yours. I ordered a New river a few weeks ago during their AHE day. I'd been using pads. I made a DIY uq earlier this year only suitable for summer and couldn't believe how much more comfortable a UQ is vs a pad. I was sold and ordered a new river soon after. I can't wait! I've ordered a dream hammock with pack hooks so I'm going to find a way to tie some shock cord on the tie outs to integrate with the dream hammock system. I'll post about that as well

Hammock
    Fox Outfitters Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ / OV Aerie
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    So you haven't received your UQ that you ordered 3 weeks ago?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    kAQ New River, DIY
    Suspension
    Varies w/hammock
    I don't think it was 3 weeks ago. And I contacted them about a customization so it's going to take a little longer.

Edit: got an email that it's in the mail. Not bad lead time at all

Hammock
    HH Ultralight Zip
    Insulation
    KAQ Potomac APEX
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    I ordered a Potomac on April 29th (8 days ago) and haven't received a shipping confirmation yet, but I expect to today or tomorrow. I did e-mail AHE yesterday to get a status update since I was hoping to be able to use it for a trip this weekend. He got back to me later that day and it seemed like they were doing what they could to push it out faster. Unfortunately for my case it still won't be fast enough but I should've e-mailed them much sooner if I wanted it by this weekend. Their site says to expect about a 1 week turnaround ( I think) but I think it'll turn out to be about 15 days (including weekend) from order to receipt all told. Something to consider when you're preparing for a trip like me!

Like you, I'm just really looking forward to receiving it and the difference it makes. I've been pretty comfortable (if cold) on my pad the few times I've gone out with it, but when I visualize being bundled up in that Underquilt... I get excited.

And so my watch continues...

Hammock
    Fox Outfitters Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ / OV Aerie
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Any idea who AHE uses to ship packages? If it's UPS, I'll be able to get mine as soon as my local driver picks it up. One of the perks of living in a smaller community.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    I think my last order came USPS.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    i got my jarbidge in 10 days!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by HottyToddyHanger View Post
    Any idea who AHE uses to ship packages? If it's UPS, I'll be able to get mine as soon as my local driver picks it up. One of the perks of living in a smaller community.
    We ship with USPS or FedEx by special request. We don't use UPS as we are in one of their grey zones and it takes at upwards of a week for packages to get to and from us with them. Salt Lake it 4 hours away...UPS takes 4 days to get us packages from vendors we use down there. Don't know why, my local guy is great and I can usually pick stuff up from him when we need it first thing in the morning but no one at UPS can explain why they take so long to get packages to us. On the other Side I have had stuff ship from Europe in the evening and be delivered next day before noon.

We work on a first come first served basis and this spring has been very busy. We are currently shipping around 15 quilts a day every week day. We normally don't work evenings or weekends but have done both in the last couple weeks to keep things moving out as fast as possible. We are running about a week and a half on most production....thats from when we get the order in until we have it ready to ship. We have been declining Rush Production orders the last few weeks as we are working to get everyones gear shipped as fast as possible.....we know that just about everyone has a trip coming up soon. I am hoping to get production back under a week by early next week, but order volume is still extremely high.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Fox Outfitters Double
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ / OV Aerie
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Mr. Arrowhead- We're all just so excited to get in our new UQs!!! Sorry if we seem a little impatient.

And if my UQ isn't here in time for my trip next week... I guess I'll just have to go on another trip to test it out. I'm sure my wife will understand.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast