Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies

A question for Klymit users.

I bought a Klymit Static V from their ebay store. Factory refurbished for $35 bucks. Got it Friday and just had a chance to pull it out and look at it.

Over all the thing looks brand new. The one question I have is, how is the valve supposed to work? From videos I've watched it looks like it just clicks one way or the other when pushing or pulling as written on the valve itself. The cap on mine doesn't turn at all to lock it into either position. If I turn really hard the entire stem and cap turn in the part that is bonded to the pad material itself.

I'm guessing this is a bad valve, I just want to make sure before I start the process of returning.

I saw this tip about the refurb units on another forum someplace but can't remember which one. Most people have said the units were like new. Of course I would be the exception to that rule. But for anybody want to give it a shot, they are listed at around $43 with a " Make Offer" option. Some guys were getting them for 34, so I tried that first and it was denied because somebody used buy it now. So they relisted a few more a day later and they took my $35 offer, free shipping.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    It's been a while since I've used mine but I think you have to push it down and then turn.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Yeah, I've tried that too. The cap goes up and down, like spring loaded tension kind of, but it doesn't turn either direction.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickSaint View Post
    Yeah, I've tried that too. The cap goes up and down, like spring loaded tension kind of, but it doesn't turn either direction.
    I just tried mine. Push in really really hard until you hear a click. Then turn.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I was never turning mine; just push or pull and have had no trouble. Out to inflate in to close; I recall filling and using my tounge to push the valve shut while keeping the pressure on.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    I will try these when I get back home. If I push down on the cap it stops the flow of air. But I can push on the filled pad and it starts to deflate. I'll try to push harder and see if it clicks. I haven't been too aggressive with it so as not to break it.

I did send Klymit a message though the eBay dialog, but don't expect to hear from them until at least tomorrow.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I've had a couple versions of these with the same valve, and I'm assuming you got a bad valve. While it can take a few seconds your first time using it (or first time using it in a while) I think any adult with a reasonable IQ could figure it out quickly. Probably why someone sent it back in the first place.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickSaint View Post
    I will try these when I get back home. If I push down on the cap it stops the flow of air. But I can push on the filled pad and it starts to deflate. I'll try to push harder and see if it clicks. I haven't been too aggressive with it so as not to break it.

I did send Klymit a message though the eBay dialog, but don't expect to hear from them until at least tomorrow.
    I just dug mine out and the valve pushes in and has a definate click or slight snap sound.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    I just got home and tried it again. Operator error. I wasn't pushing down hard enough to get the click. I was under the impression you pushed and turned until it clicked, wasn't aware that you needed to push until the click, then turn. There was only a sheet that came with it with the size and weight, wrapped around the pad and sack with a plastic sleeve. Zero instruction other than whats written on the valve itself.

Everything seems to be working fine now. So It would seem that a pad in what appears to be brand new condition for $35, not too bad a deal. It was really only bought as a backup for a hike I have coming up in August that may have a few areas I'll be forced to ground.

Thanks for the help everybody.

• + New Posts