My experience with Hammock Gear

I love this company and I will be recommending them to everyone I know who camps or backpacks.

A couple weeks ago I purchased a lightly-used Burrow 20 from a guy on another forum. It had very minor damage around 3 of the snaps in the footbox - small tears the previous owner patched with thumbnail-sized pieces of heavy duty duct-tape. I got a good price because he didn't know how to do the repairs himself. Now, I didn't either, but I contacted HG and they told me to send it in and then would fix it for free. I love them for this - standing behind their gear even though I'm not the original owner, but I sent them a small check anyway, for return postage, any down that needed to be replaced (no idea if any had leaked previously), and just for their troubles. Because the weather has turned warmer, I was in no hurry so there was no rush, and Jenny/Adam kept me informed throughout the entire process. Today I received my quilt from them, and it is flawless - a beautiful piece of gear and workmanship.

But here's where it gets funny/strange, and make no mistake, this is not a complaint: I think that they sent me brand new replacement quilt. I could swear the one I had was a weird orange-ish color. I even made a post in another thread on this forum about it, and about how the color combo doesn't bother me - I just wanted it to keep me warm. This one is most definitely brown - there is no mistaking it for anything even slightly resembling "orange". So now I'm wondering if I'm a colorblind lunatic (I did just turn 47 years of age); if these terrific people sent me a brand new piece of gear because they rock; or if in a worst-case scenario I accidentally got a brand new quilt meant for some other customer.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? Thanks in advance, and again, thank YOU Hammock Gear.
    It's gonna be a long, hot summer awaiting a chance to use this - I'm aiming for a mid-September trip to the Latir Peaks in NM.

KD

Hammock
    DH ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Superfly,Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG,INC/UGQ,FLTJ
    Suspension
    Speedos/Ankors
    It wouldn't surprise me they are great folks. I had a special note to contact me before they shipped my set of quilts and it was missed. I asked them to redirect them to a different address when I got shipping notice. Apparently they had tried to redirect things by phone in the past with no luck. I informed them there was a feature on USPS.com to do this with no hassle and they thanked me with a $50 partial refund. Long story short mine didn't get where I wanted it but they where able to catch another one with my tip. Great company

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Quilts and pads
    Images
    I currently have a burrow getting some repairs for the same issue. They have been taking care of me very well. I can't complain

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL,1.7, WBRR DL, BIAS Micro
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    40*HG PX, 20HG 10D
    Suspension
    WB straps, whoopie
    That quilt you bought of gear swap is probably my old m50 quilt that I sold to another guy. They replaced your quilt with a argon quilt. Coyote m50 had a orange tint to it and m50 is no longer made. It is very expensive 12.95 a yard. Your quilt had 900 down fill as well.

Hope the new one serves you well.
    "you will never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
    Winston Churchill

• + New Posts