WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    Very enjoyable, reminds me of my planning{or lack thereof} skills, ha. Beautiful country there mate.
    I reckon it's more fun when great plans come unstuck, makes it more interesting. My hike planing skills are a bit like that... An idea that looks good on the map then turns out to be not so doable on the go. Anyway, thanks for watching the video!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    ===> Thanks for another video, Brucie! Great reminder on the electronics situations. About to finally get another computer, so hopefully I can get back to videos again myself! Glad to see you getting out again!

Hang tight!

~ SkyPainter
    Hi there SkyPainter, hope you are going well! My prep skills are a bit rusty. I did my idea of a "proper" hike last weekend and forgot to turn the brightness down on the GPS. The hike went longer than expected (twice as long) and the battery had dropped to 20% by the time I worked out it was the brightness. I had my map and compass, but I wanted to record the hike with the GPS. I ended up making it to camp with 10% battery, so it worked out Ok.

The real lesson here is, after a few months off, it's best to do a few "warm up" hikes before setting off on any tricky off track hikes. It's surprising how much things go out of whack.

Another computer and more videos from you, great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I saw your post last night Bruciehi5 but saved your video for this morning coffee.
    Excellent as always. If you are accepting video fan votes please don't cut back your videos too much.
    I will probably never get to your side of this wonderful planet we live on and your videos give me a little peak
    of it.
    Thanks again for taking the time to share your outing.
    Coffee is always a good idea when watching one of my videos. The magic video run time cut back number is 16 minutes max. I don't know where I got that number from, but just for you, OutandBack, I might make it 20 minutes max run time. The way I did it in this video was with me sitting in the hammock telling the story. Thanks for watching and I'll see how I go with the run time. I like that too about videos, being able to see places I'll probably never get to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Runner View Post
    I always enjoy your vids Brucie. Even the truncated ones. Thanks for sharing!
    It was nice and short indeed! It wouldn't have been much longer, even if the SD card didn't fill up. You are welcome for the share!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG Standard CF
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix & Burro
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    "So that's five hammocks. I need all of them."

… said the husband to his skeptical wife.
    1960HikerDude.com

“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” ― Jack Kerouac

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    Good vid. I always enjoy any hammocking vids but especially ones where the muck ups are shown. If nothing goes wrong then how do you remember the trip? Love how those woods look, very different from over here. Thanks very much for sharing!

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1960HikerDude View Post
    … said the husband to his skeptical wife.
    I thought the way I said, "I need all of them" was very convincing! Just remember to make sure you say it to the wife via phone. If you say it in person, the wife will know you don't really need all of them, and make you sell four.

Quote Originally Posted by craige View Post
    Good vid. I always enjoy any hammocking vids but especially ones where the muck ups are shown. If nothing goes wrong then how do you remember the trip? Love how those woods look, very different from over here. Thanks very much for sharing!
    My videos would be really short, if I cut out all the bloopers. lol In the next video, I fall in a creek (not filmed) and then come close to falling off a mountain (filmed). Nearly knocked over the camera on the way.

I'd like to bike ride around Scotland! It's cold, hilly and full of much needed pubs. Thanks for watching and for your comments craige!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    If you are doing an electronics check list I would add - Check your clocks. Many cameras have internal clocks that simply do not keep good time and there are those (I have one) where the Daylight Savings Time Correction no longer kicks in on the right date. Annoying rather than tragic but one of those details that need looking after.

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Nice timing Brucie, as always I enjoyed your presentation.
    I'll be having a mooch along the lower portals during the the week,
    checking out some ridgeline routes to scale Mt Barney peak.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeVee View Post
    If you are doing an electronics check list I would add - Check your clocks. Many cameras have internal clocks that simply do not keep good time and there are those (I have one) where the Daylight Savings Time Correction no longer kicks in on the right date. Annoying rather than tragic but one of those details that need looking after.
    Thanks, CeeVee! Cameras and clocks don't seem to keep good time around here either. You'd think they would, in this day and age, but no. Thanks for your input!
    Quote Originally Posted by ofuros View Post
    Nice timing Brucie, as always I enjoyed your presentation.
    I'll be having a mooch along the lower portals during the the week,
    checking out some ridgeline routes to scale Mt Barney peak.
    Hi there ofuros,

Those ridgelines are a bit too gnarly for me at the moment. Need more skills in all areas before trying them. Make a trip report, if you do any of them, so I can see what I'm in for. lol I just did Mt Maroon, from the south side, it was great! I think I remember you have done a trip report for that walk. Thanks for the thumbs up on the trip report!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12