That time of year !

I have my hammock hung in my backyard and sleep out each night. My old yellow lab sees me getting ready to go out each night and slowly gets up to go out with me. This morning around 7 o'clock I awoke and could feel rain in the air. I laid there hoping it would start raining but after several minutes I felt guilty and went ahead and got up. I started around the house toward the back door and there next to the deck steps was a copperhead. I had to make sure my lab who follows me around the house broke her habit and followed me around the other side of the house. I got her inside and had mixed feelings about killing the snake. I don't kill snakes as they all serve a purpose,I have several black snakes who make their home in my out buildings helping keep the rodent population in check yet I have 3 outside dogs and a cat that likes to prowl occasionally and I just don't like to see a poisonous snake this close to the house. I killed the snake then got it off the ground,(it just now started raining a nice downpour), anyway I put the snake atop an old doghouse and while cooking my breakfast I could look out the back door and watch it in case it came back to life. To my surprise several birds began to check out the snake. I had several Cardinals in the bush within two feet checking the snake out and two house wrens dancing around the snake but keeping a safe distance. Curiosity make have killed the cat but these birds satisfied their curiosity from a safe distance. And yes it did come back to life. I had shot it through the head and it appeared dead but after a while it started crawling off the doghouse. I took a shovel and dispatched the critter.
    There's no excuse for laziness...

but, if you find one, let me know.

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Quilts and pads
    Images
    I usually go straight for the shovel. Wham bam..... If it comes back to life after that we got bigger problems on hand.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Let's talk about the back yard hang and not get into another snake killing thread that will end up being closed or removed. Thanks

• + New Posts