Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps

WBRR and SF with Dutch Gear clip on pull outs

I bought the SF and WBRR together even though the Mamba Jamba was the recommended tarp. I'm not really fond of having extra things to futz with so I wanted non-detachable doors. The SF works fine with the WBRR although it's not quite wide enough to give you much room at the spreader bars. It works but just barely. I was worried I'd put a wear point and/or punch a hole through my tarp if I didn't do something to make it wider.

I decided to give the Dutch Gear clip-on pullouts a shot to see if that would allow me to increase the width and make more room for the spreader bars. They work really well.

These 2 pix show the outside view. The clip-on pullouts, positioned about one chaka outside of and one chaka lower, increase the overall width by about 2ft. I positioned them by noting where the tarp was touching the ends of my spreader bars and then clipped them on about a foot below that.
    Dutch pullouts quarter view.jpg
    dutch pullouts quarter view cu.jpg

This pic shows how the ridge angle is a lot flatter above the pullouts than with the original/perm pullouts. And, the lower sides are correspondingly a lot steeper. I'm kind of wondering if that's going to be a problem when it's snowing.
    dutch pullouts quarter view cu 2.jpg
    Dutch pullouts straight on.jpg

You can see from inside the tarp that it gives you a lot more width at the spreader bars than the original perm pullouts. Note the position of the original perm pullouts in relation to where I clipped on the new pullouts (far corner).
    Dutch pullouts underneath tarp.jpg

I'm thinking I may want to try to take some of the wrinkles out from around the pullout clip to minimize wear.

HTH
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    One more pix from inside showing how much wider it makes the tarp
    in hammock dutch clipon pullouts both sides.jpg
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    Still experimenting with the length of the pole mod to see whether it is best to pull more up or more out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    Oops - meant Cloudburst, not (M/J)amba.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    This is how I did the pullout-to-pole mod attachment:
    dutch clipon pullout cu detail.jpg

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    One thing to keep in mind while testing is to try to close the doors of the tarp the way you would in severe weather.

In my experience, it is relatively simple to get a "relaxed" enough tarp angle to accommodate the WBRR spreader bars. The difficult part is then being able to close the doors to keep the weather out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    I thought the same thing, however, it turns out I can close the doors as tight as without the clip-on pullouts. You can kind of see that in the first pic.

• + New Posts