Bias WWM
    Tarp
    ZPack Cuben
    Insulation
    HG down/AHE syn
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle

All in 1 stuff sack

Got to thinkin. In my upcoming section hike of the AT I will covering between 16 and 27 miles a day. The last thing I want is extra setup time. Today I setup my Bias WWM, nano Buginator, Jarbidge and PLTQ. I then stuffed them all together in 1 stuff sack still set in their positions. Pulled them back out and setup again. This worked great, saved time and now I can carry several less stuff sacks. Can't believe I did not think to try this sooner. Anyone else go this route?

Hammock
    3 custom hk2001 Hammocks
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    IX Double Dog Bun
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch straps
    I've been thinking of the same thing ... the lazy slug tube looks like the ticket.
    http://wildernesslogics.com/THE-LAZY...-Lazy-Slug.htm

Just 'furl your sail' and hiking you go ... after some practice my stuff may never hit the ground.
    -Turtle Creek

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    I do the same thing using a bias nano buginator, bias ww, pillow, tq & uq. I just stuff it all in the bottom of my pack and pull it out, hook it up, and flop. I do, however, keep my straps separate from the hammock in case of rain. I also have a lazy slug tube and use that primarily in the winter months. The bug net stands in for that during the summer. You can also put your sleep clothes in the hammock when you use this method as well.
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a tall zpacks cuben pack liner. I clipped off one bottom corner for the whoopie sling to exit. The clipped off corner allows air to get out when I roll it closed. I used a hair tie that I sewed on near the corner to hold the tree strap rolled up on the outside of the sack, still attched to the whoopie sling which is inside the sack. The other tree strap goes in the open end of the cuben sack unless the tree straps are wet then I take them off. At camp I hook the foot end tree strap to the tree, open the sack and go to the head end tree, everything is there ready to go. Top quilt stays in the hammock and under quilt is in place on the hammy. It rarely gets tangled up. I've been using this system awhile now.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Bias WWM
    Tarp
    ZPack Cuben
    Insulation
    HG down/AHE syn
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I never thought of adding my sleep clothes too. Great idea.

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 yd/sq oz Basic Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    UL Webbing
    Yeah, this works great...I did this for about a 1000 miles (PCT) in 2012. It worked really well with my hammock that has a zippered bugnet. Since I switched go a bug sock, I haven't done it though as the bug sock is made of the less durable tulle.
    AT 2011, PCT 2012, LT 2013, WT 2013, JMT 2014, TRT 2014, WT 2014, AZT 2015, PCT 2016, CT 2017, MSR 2017, GET 2018, GDT 2018, TRT 2018, JMT 2018, MRT 2019, CDT 2020/2021
    My trail journals, tips, interviews - http://longdistancehiker.com (Trail Name 'Beardoh')

• + New Posts