Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    ENO DN, DIY
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Suspension
    Arrowhead Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kiah- View Post
    In case you're interested, I asked them about the tarp sizes a bit back since they don't list them. Was told the "single" is 144"x78" and the "double" is 144"x102".
    I came across these on a site Friday for $25 and $30 (with $6 or $7 shipping) respectively, so ordered a "double" to check out. Came Today, so figured I'd post the other basics for anyone interested since there's hardly any info when searching.

Material is a light grey fairly thin coated polyester (not ripstop). Stitching is good and no defects noticed just pulling it out in the living room. Seems pretty nice.

Has tie-out loops on the corners with guylines and "3 hole" tension adjusters tied on and long webbing straps sewn onto each side for hanging up. The tree straps have a loop on the end with a lightweight biner and "daisy chain" loops along the rest similar to ENO's hammock straps. Not sure how well that'll work on a tarp, but can always just tie it or shorten the straps into loops.

Stuff sack is sewn to the tarp. A separate stake bag from the same material is included containing four simple aluminum stakes and four more guylines with tensioners.

Weight for the tarp, attached lines, carabiners, and stuff sack is 26.3 ounces. Stake bag, stakes, and spare lines add 4.3 ounces. Just stuffed in the sack without squeezing it down more, it measures about 10.5"x7.25"x5.5" packed.

Hope that helps anybody looking at 'em. Not a bad deal IMO.

ETA: Just noticed that the measurements on the tag are 122.74"x 102". Haven't measured it, but the tag is probably more accurate than the info I got from CS earlier. Also failed to mention, it had a Paha Que catalog stuffed in the stuff sack and a registration card stating a lifetime warranty.

ETA 2: Curiosity got the better of me. Not exact as I drug it into the shop and measured with a 12" square along a fold line but I got about 138" from strap to strap and probably had a couple bunched spots so it's pretty close to 144" length if not right on. Guess the measurement on the tag was measured from the tie-out loops.
    Last edited by -Kiah-; 05-27-2014 at 18:53.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12