Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Tic..toc..tic..toc..

Well, its done, order placed last night and the message at end of check out said the current wait time for shipping was less than 2 weeks, thats really good news because waiting for a new blackbird xlc could be a very hard wait, gonna feel like forever i am sure.
    I was really torn between the bb and a dream hammock, one of the big issues for me is comunication and we all know its really hard to wait a day or 2 for an answer sometimes and it can feel frustrating at times but the bottum line for me came down to personal choice and quality of the workmanship.
    I take nothing away from Papa smurf and Mama smurf as thier hammocks are as top notch as it gets , but so is Brandons... i had a chance to check out both at the spring Mahha this year and both were very impressive but the blackbird just blew me away, - the footbox and shelf are an unbelievable feature, very smart.
    I took a real hard look at the stitching to try and find any flaws or short cuts that Brandon may have taken and could not find one !
    The craftmanship was superb!!, if my hammock turns out as nice as the ones i saw this spring and i am sure it will. then i will be a very happy man !
    Even though my wife gave me a hard time at first about spending this kind of money on a hammock at the end when i was ordering she came in and looked and said that if i wanted to do the extra upgrade for the camo to just go ahead if it made me happy, i did not, i kinda like the green and i have enough stuff in camo,, therte is really no need to have everything in camo all the time. So i went with the dual layer 1.7 in olive green with the added top cover of course and now i wait.
    Just a heads up on a different note, - being an active member of this forum could not only turn one into a gear snob but a gearaholic as well.
    I would not have it any other way !!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Congrats! Welcome to the BB club! You will like it. It's my go to most of the time. I am still intrigued by the other hammocks out there and would own a lot of them if money wasn't a object. Still one day I will get me a switchback. All who own those love them too!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    If money were not an issue then i would have one of each please ! but money is an issue so i had to pick the very best, top of the line and i think i did, allthough i really like the looks of the Clark nx 250, i think the bb is a better buy for my money

Hey! I placed my order for a Ridge Runner last night! Which one will be done first? After months of research and reading this forum, I am really looking forward to getting off the ground.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    Hey! I placed my order for a Ridge Runner last night! Which one will be done first? After months of research and reading this forum, I am really looking forward to getting off the ground.
    Order - 3041

Congratulations and good luck with your wait. I'm currently waiting in 2 orders from warbonnet.
    #2878 placed on May 15th for an XLC with top cover.

#3011 placed on May 20th for an edge tarp.

5 days and 131 orders apart. The suspense is already killing me, and I have no idea why I didn't order the tarp at the same time.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl lefty, WBRR
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy Camo
    Insulation
    KAQs, Pads, PLUQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    i pulled the trigger on a couple ridge runners this a.m. too

of course quicker is better but the ridge runners are joining our families' blackbirds and any warbonnet gear is worth the wait

you think its hard now the lead times were longer years ago

Hammock
    Thunderbird, Cameleon, XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, Flight J
    Suspension
    Whoops
    I purchase a BB 1.1 single layer on the 10th and received it on the 17th. It's a thing of beauty! I plan on hanging tomorrow night in the Oregon Cascades.

I pretty sure I'll be having to order one for my wife after a test hang Probably a couple of Superflys as well, when I scrape the money together.

Hang in there guys and enjoy!

WW

Hammock
    Dutchware 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE Rev 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Congrats! I'm still saving for my RR. I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for enough to order the RR and superfly together.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Only been a few days and i am pacing the floors allready,, this is gonna be harder than i thought

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast