Tarp
    Kelty Noahs12
    Insulation
    JrB Nest
    Suspension
    Dutch kevlar strap

Cross Timbers on Lake Texoma 2 nights

photo.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto1.jpg
    Took my three sons on their first real backpacking trip this weekend. We started from Juniper point and parked right at the trailhead. We got there about 7:15pm Friday. This was my first time on Cross timbers, and I'll tell you I was very impressed. A lot of climbs and drops. Not what I was expecting for North TX. We hiked to the first campsite on the trail, which took about 45 mins.

The boys all had small tents and I used my HH Explorer Deluxe. This was my first time trying out my JrB Nest UQ and I will never go back to fighting with a pad inside the hammock again. At first I didn't think I was going to get a chance to use it because I was so warm, but around 1:00 it finally dropped below 70 and started to feel cold. I was able to set the UQ up at 1am in about 5 mins and I was back in the hammock. I was worried that I might be too hot, but I wasn't at all and slept great the rest of the night.

Saturday morning we decided to leave our camp set-up and just bring water and lunch with us. We hiked to 5.5 mile camp and had some lunch. It was pretty warm and the trail was surprisingly challenging. After lunch we hiked back to camp and spent some time in the chilly Lake Texoma. Felt great after being hot and dusty.

Being Memorial Day weekend I expected to see a lot more people on the trail, but we only ran into about 3 small groups of backpackers, 2 trail runners, and we didn't see anyone braving the trail with a bike.

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    glad you had fun. I always hang my UQ and regulate within the hammock. Hate getting out at 1 AM with CBS.
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

• + New Posts