Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    WB / AHE / WL
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles

Best tarp for a bridge hammock?

So I'm compiling a list possible tarp options for my WBRR and I would love some advice if anyone has it. Basically, I'm hoping to sell my current HG Winter Palace because the ridgeline is a bit too short for the doors to be fully closed around a bridge hammock and I want something to replace it with. My list of options so far -

-HG Winter Palace (13ft ridgeline)
    Its Cuben Fiber, which is a curse and a blessing. On one hand, its light weight, it doesnt stretch, and it doesnt absorb water. On the other hand, it cost a lot (which makes me nervous as a mother hen whenever the wind picks up, or the sun shines to brightly, or leaves fall on it, etc...) and the crinkly sound isnt something I can deal with without earplugs during rain.

-WildernessLogics Oldman Winter (13ft ridgeline)
    This seems to be the go-to tarp for bridge hammocks, so it seems to have a proven track record. It also has a bigger variety of colors than most, something I like.

-JRB 12' x 10' Universal Tarp (12ft ridgeline)
    A fairly new product from JRB, it is their tarp designed for bridge hammocks. However, there doesnt seem to be much info on it yet (because it is newer). Would the 12' ridgeline let me fully enclose my WBRR, or is it only meant for JRB's Bear-Mountain? I really like the looks of the pole mod on it though, absolutely incredible looking for nice weather.

-Warbonnet Cloudburst (11ft ridgeline)
    The tarp meant to be paired with the WBRR, obviously it will work well. I actually had this tarp before and sold it before I realized it was meant to be paired with my RR (doh on my part), so I know it is a good tarp. There are a few things I dont like with it though. It only has 2 tie-down points on each side as opposed to 3 for every other tarp on the list, and it doesnt have doors (doors are a big plus for me). However, it is the cheapest option (so far).

If anyone can offer me advice or more tarp options for the WBRR I would greatly appreciate it!

Wilderness Logic Bullfrog with a 12' ridgeline and 4 panel pulls. Plus it is 10' wide which gives you extra coverage compared to the Oldman Winter (112" OAW)
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Warbonnet Superfly with double pole mod. Skip to the 6:00 minute mark for what it looks like over a WBRR.

• + New Posts