Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS+OC, 20 UGQ
    Suspension
    rings and straps

5 Hennesseys for sale, 3 Expedition asyms, 1 Explorer deluxe, 1 Safari, 2 SS & 2 OC

All hammocks are as is, prices are shipped payment is via paypal! As per forum rules the first unqualified "I will take it" posted here gets it. Please also include the number of the hammock you are interested in so there is no confusion. If you would follow up your "I will take it here in the thread with a PM that will help speed up the process. I am just not using these anymore and thus they are for sale. At this time I am not willing to separate out the SS or OC's.

1. SOLD A fully stock, purchased by me new from Hennessey, Expedition asym zippered model with the larger Hex tarp. It comes with the original suspension, standard 4 foot tree straps, and snake skins in its original bag. I have done no modifications to this hammock and slept in it 2 nights and realized it was a bit small for me (actually I am a bit to fat for it.) My sons friend also slept in it one night during a birthday party for my son. It is in very good condition and is ready for use. New this would run $199.95+ shipping I am asking $135.00 shipped to your door. The following pictures are of this actual hammock taken today May 30, 2014

IMG_8007.jpg
    Additional photos here.

2. STILL AVAILABLE A modified, purchased by me new from Hennessey, Expedition asym zippered model with the larger Hex tarp. I removed the stock suspension from this hammock, and replaced it with 1/8 inch orange Amstel continuous loops and Omega Pacific rappel rings in order to use straps. I made the straps using 1" climb-spec tubular webbing, the straps are approximately 15' long each and I will enclose two with the hammock one black and one green enabling you to tell which end is which. The only problem with the straps are they seem a bit slick and because of that you must put a half hitch or two above the rings after adjusting the hammock or you will slide slowly to the ground upon entry. The black clip on the Amstel next to the rings in the pictures is for the SS system. The process of attaching loops is documented along with additional pictures of the hammock in use and can be seen in this thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...r-HH-and-rings
    Included with this hammock is a one of a kind HHSS purchased from Hennessey during their yearly sale. The SS is one of a kind because it is in camoflage which they never sold on their web site but did evidently make one to see how it looked The sale tag from Hennessy is still on the bag and shows no defects it was simply a one of test as far as I can tell. It also comes with a brand new OC in green which is still in the original bag and has never been taken out or set up. My son used the hammock with the SS on three occasions and the hammock without the SS on another 5-6 nights out. Includes an unused space blanket to help you go even cooler. It is used but in very good condition, never stored wet always hung in the garage to dry out and clean up after outings. you will need two carabiners or for $10.00 more I will include 2 good quality, black diamond climbing quality carabiners. Almost forgot, I have and will include the stock suspension ropes in case you want to return it to original. Due to the change of suspension you will need a suspension for the hex tarp, several of the vendors on the forum sell wonderful pre made systems for doing this. If you were to purchase this complete system new from Hennessey it would cost $374.85 I am asking $220.00, if you want the 2 carabiners it would be $230.00. The following pictures were taken of this hammock today May 30, 2014

IMG_7972.jpgIMG_7973.jpg
    Additional photos here.

3. STILL AVAILABLE A modified, purchased used on this forum Hennessy asym bottom entry model with the stock asym rainfly. It has continuous loops instead of the original suspension. Also included with the hammock are two whoopee slings that are attached to tree straps via a metal triangle. You will need a way to hook the whoopies to the continuous loops and to hook the tree straps to themselves around a tree. I have used this set up twice for my wife and used 4 good quality carabiners to do the attaching and it works like a charm. It also has 2 snake skins that fit well (as can be seen in the pictures). The original owner also put a grommet in the bottom of the original Hennessy stuff sack allowing it to work as a quasi bishop bag (as can be seen in the pictures.) Lastly there is a DIY peak bag attached to the head end of the hammock inside via a small light weight carabiner (as can be seen in the pictures.) This hammock is used in good shape no rips or tears and works very well as set up. looking to get my money back so lets say $95.00 or add an additional $20.00 and I will include 4 good quality, Black Diamond, climbing carabiners and it will be ready to set up and use. So $95.00 as is or $115.00 including carabiners The following pictures were taken of this hammock today May 30, 2014

IMG_7996.jpgIMG_7997.jpg
    Additional photos here.

4. SOLD Explorer Deluxe bottom entry with Hex fly, purchased by me from Hennessy during their annual sale, no defects it was a demo model, will send the tag along that came from Hennessy to verify this. It is stock with the original suspension and tree straps. In addition to the hammock I have a HHSS and OC to go along with it. The SS was from the annual sale and the OC was purchased brand new. The tag on the SS (that will come with the hammock) says binding repair and small scratches as the reasons it was on the annual sale. I have not been able to find the binding repair, and the pad is in very good condition. I have slept in this hammock between 12-15 nights it is in good condition. With the SS and OC I was able to go down to 25 degrees on a breezy evening. Overall this is a very good hammock that will serve someone very well for a long time. I will also include a used space blanket that will help take this system even colder. Nothing additional is needed to use this right now. If you were to purchase this complete system new from Hennessey it would cost $389.85 I am asking $240.00 as a complete 3 season package. The following pictures were taken of this hammock today May 30, 2014

IMG_7990.jpgIMG_7994.jpg
    Additional photos here.

5. PENDING FUNDS Safari bottom entry plus 2QZQ mod 4 zippered entry as well and a Hex tarp. Okay this one is the crazy one. I purchased this as a netless hammock on the annual Hennessy sale for $50.00. I had it for a while and decided I liked this size very much soooooo what was I to do. Well of course the answer was a call to 2QZQ I asked if they had ever added a bug net to a net less Hennessy. They said they had not done so with a Safari but were willing to try. So before it left my hands on the way to them I removed the suspension and the ridgeline and replaced the suspension with 1/8 inch orange Amstel continuous loops and Omega Pacific rappel rings in order to use straps. I made the straps using 1" climb-spec tubular webbing, the straps are approximately 15' long each and I will enclose two with the hammock one black and one green enabling you to tell which end is which. The only problem with the straps are they seem a bit slick and because of that you must put a half hitch or two above the rings after adjusting the hammock or you will slide slowly to the ground upon entry. I then used some of that same 1/8 orange Amstel and made an adjustable ridgeline for the hammock. Short story long I received back from 2QZQ an amazing Safari with net and mod 4 zipper conversion. I also had them leave the bottom entry so you get the best of both worlds. This is now a beast of a hammock able to handle the biggest of us and do so with a smile. The Hex tarp gives great coverage and works well though you will need a separate suspension for the tarp and a pair of carabiners or dutch clips to hook the straps onto the tree. I have a pair of good quality, Black Diamond, climbing carabiners I will add to this for $10.00 more. I am asking $160.00 for the hammock and tarp, if you want the carabiners it would be $170.00 shipped. The following pictures of this hammock were taken today May 30, 2014

IMG_7981.jpg
    Additional photos here.

Just as proof of possession I am adding one photo showing all the hammocks and accessories together in case someone had a doubt

IMG_8009.JPG

Thanks for looking
    Huauqui
    Last edited by huauqui; 06-02-2014 at 10:39. Reason: Update sold items

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Hennessy EXP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    Wow. Great deals.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    what do you mean by ''Hennessy asym classic''? could you mean scout?

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Equinox 8x10
    Insulation
    Pad n Bag
    Suspension
    Straps, Biners
    I believe that he means the basic asym hammock, I think the scout is symmetric. I could very well be wrong.

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Equinox 8x10
    Insulation
    Pad n Bag
    Suspension
    Straps, Biners
    Double post.

The final photo shows 3 expeditons , a safari, and an explorer. So I would gather he is refering to a third Expedition.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS+OC, 20 UGQ
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    Nuttysuirrel,

So sorry for the confusion. By classic I mean classic entry or better said by me bottom entry. It is a Expedition asym hammock that is bottom entry as opposed to zippered entry. The Explorer deluxe is also a bottom entry hammock and the Safari is both bottom entry and zippered due to the 2QZQ modification. The other two Expedition asyms are both zippered entry as noted above.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    what do you mean by ''Hennessy asym classic''? could you mean scout?
    I also forgot to mention the pads for the two HHSS's have been stored uncompressed as the should be and my home is a non smoking home. (It was a bit of a chore to get them back into their original storage bags since they were fully fluffed up, but we got it done.)

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion, I will amend the original post in just a moment for clarification.

Huauqui
    Last edited by huauqui; 05-31-2014 at 07:35. Reason: additional info added

I'll take the safari, pm to follow.

Hammock
    Clark Mark2 - soon
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Beer
    Suspension
    Fast and Lite
    I'll take it

#1. Hennessey, Expedition asym zippered. $135

Hammock
    HENNY HYPER/EXP
    Tarp
    CAMO VERTEX
    Insulation
    BBJB
    Suspension
    WHOOPIES
    really good deals!

what is the reason for selling them… just curious?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast