Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    How did we get from hammock ring suspensions to tarp ground stakes? Let's stay somewhat on topic.
    Sorry about that, but even if the OP doesn't long term end up using a MSH with his hammock or tarp suspension system it is a very useful hitch to know. You showed it in comment #4, the OP said he would experiment with it in comment #7 and I just mentioned that it is also useful for many other things, so try it out around the campsite. Practice makes perfect. That's what my Daddy said. Practice, practice, practice… think creatively then practice some more… generates a ton of residual income. (Oops off topic again).

edit: the Warbonnet Suspension Video that gmcttr referenced with ring/metal triangle and hitch tied to it, note short webbing strap to protect bark of tree:

I am NOT recommending this final suspension system in the WB video, just being Captain Obvious here, but the final ring or metal triangle could also be a double ring or just the loop of webbing. So I am just employing that creative thinking encouraged by all research scientists and engineers who have highly lucrative careers and start and sell multi million dollar companies etc (Opps off topic again dog gone it!!!). Mark Cuban was at my daughter's 9-10 grade school a few days ago speaking at an AP business class, the faculty and students were more excited about him than if the U.S. President had come to speak, they jammed the halls, a few got a "selfie" with him. All is forgiven if you make $ evidently.
    Last edited by ntxkayakr; 06-04-2014 at 10:23. Reason: added WB video and comments below it

Hammock
    Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow20, ZpacksUQ
    Suspension
    duh. Becket Hitch.
    Images
    i often use the slipped buntline, as shown in warbonnet's video. like warbonnet's default, i find linestrap is the lightest and simplest way.

not that it's not fun to try all the different methods. i've used pretty much all of them. but simple is better.

in fact, i don't know if anyone here would object but i don't even bother with that hardware triangle at all.

i used to use amsteel but find that DynaGlide is perfectly adequate for my 155 pound carcass.

i just wrap the strap around the tree and loop it through itself, then tie a buntline hitch directly into the open strap loop. it helps to practice the buntline a few times but it's about the easiest thing going.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    You can always try this. It still works for me.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ing-Suspension

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12