HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Asym Fly from HH
    Insulation
    Thermarest Pad
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas/Whoopie

Snakeskin Packing

New to HH but I love the set up. I have a HH Expedition with basic fly and I love the snake skins but how do you guys actually pack the skin... Do you put in the original stuff sack and just pack it away. I have heard of people wrapping it around their pack.... How do yall do it and pics would be awesome Thanks!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I put it in a sack. Yeah it seems redundant but the weight of the stuff sack is pretty small and I like the skins for convenience.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    ENO DN or DIY 11' CS90
    Tarp
    Oware/Speer Winter
    Insulation
    Underquilts.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Images
    +1 to Bubba. Tarps and lines (except CRL) go in the skins, then everything into a stuff sack, then the sack into the mesh pocket on the outside of my pack. My skins and stuff sack are made from noseeum mesh, so the cord lock on the stuff sack probably weighs about as much as the skins and sack combined.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Put it all in the stuff sack if you don't care about weight and you don't care, when the tarp and snakeskins are wet, that they get your hammock wet. If the tarp and snakeskins are wet I'd store them in an outside pocket of the backpack, not with the hammock.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutch Argon/HH Exp. Zip
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Tarp in the snake skins into the rear outer pack pocket. The Hammock goes in the stuff sack in the bag. But frankly, it is what works for you.

I'm pretty new to this, but I've been wrapping the suspension lines around the folded up snake skins to keep it together and putting it straight in the pack from there. If it's dry, I include the tarp. If it's wet, I stuff the tarp separately into an outside pocket of my pack, and put the hammock in the skins in the interior. Volume is an important concern to me, since I backpack with a relatively small pack (40L).

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6 Woodland Camo
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Burrow 30/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Buckles 'n' Straps
    I just rigged mine up where the snake skins are under the tarp. I made it so the tarp is easy to take on and off and always stored separately. I just pull it off and fold/roll it up and put it in the bag with the hammock inside the snake skins.

That way if I want to use my other (bigger) tarp or if it's wet it's easy to swap or store separately.

Hammock
    HH UL BP Classic
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use snake skins for my hammock. After skinning the hammock, I fold it up a couple of times and then wrap my suspension (straps, dutch clips, & whoopies) around the bundle. I like keeping my tarp separate and have a double ended stuff sack for it.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hybrid/varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Apeman1470 View Post
    I use snake skins for my hammock. After skinning the hammock, I fold it up a couple of times and then wrap my suspension (straps, dutch clips, & whoopies) around the bundle. I like keeping my tarp separate and have a double ended stuff sack for it.
    I do the same with my HH in their snakeskins.
    "Every human being holds something holy. We can all have some respect for that." - Omar Marzouk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Thinlight pad
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I'm biking, not hiking, so my needs may be different, but I have a waterproof compression sack that holds my entire sleep set-up, minus the tarp. I roll up the Super Shelter pad into its original bag, then I roll whatever sleep bag or blanket(s) I'm using around that, then the whole mess goes in the sack. Then I pull the skins over the hammock and just feed the whole thing into the compression sack. My bed insulation is all synthetic and not super compressible, so there's some shoving to get everything in and the bag closed. Then I tug on those compression straps until everything fits into a pannier. Usually the tarp goes in on top of it, stakes along side, and that often fills one of the bags on my bike. Some more compressible insulation would probably let me put more in there or use a smaller bag.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast