Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Ask around for a used JRB 8x8......should go for $50-70..... Great coverage.... 9 oz.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmcghee View Post
    If anyone comes by a JRB 8x8, let me know. I'm using the HH Hex right now but would like a nice "summer" tarp to use for warmer weather.
    That is actually a really good size for a summer tarp. I got to hang under one with my BlackBird at Trail Days during a night of rain and it was the perfect amount of coverage.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    DIY Bridge/DD Travel
    Tarp
    Kathmandu/Superfly
    Insulation
    Exped/DIY UB
    I don't know if you guys have a supplier over there but the new DD tarps are excellent value;

3m x 3m 650 gms is $68 shipped to the US

3m x 4.5m 980 gms is $82 shipped to the US

Heres a link to their website, and heres a link to a recent review on BCUK, not connected, in fact I'm not to enamoured with the newest hammock, I like my older design better, but the new tarps, are very good.

Cheers

Stephen

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Hex or stock? For weight savings I would go with the stock plus that's what lots of HH folks want to get rid of...
    I thought the hex was the stock tarp. Your right, the stock tarp is the one everyone sells. There is always one popping up for sale. Post in the "buying forum".

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    I'm looking at yhe MacCat Micro the size is 120"X60", the weight is 7.4 oz and the price is $65. Is this large enough to cover a WBBB for most situations or, for $30 more would I be better off with a MacCat Standard at 125"X84" and 10.2 oz?
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    The deluxe is perfect for the BB, good coverage on each end. The Micro is too small. The regular will be just big enough.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    I'm looking at yhe MacCat Micro the size is 120"X60", the weight is 7.4 oz and the price is $65. Is this large enough to cover a WBBB for most situations or, for $30 more would I be better off with a MacCat Standard at 125"X84" and 10.2 oz?
    Hey Beast .... I would get the MacCat Deluxe ..... you don't want to scrimp on tarps as they are your shelter. Rule of survival ...shelter first! Not much more weight over the Standard and more cover ... ie ... shade, cooking space, rain/wind protection. Ya' never know in those Minnesota woods.
    You do not want rain to run into your BB for the sake of saving a few ounces ...no my man, no!
    That is my humble and true opinion.
    Have fun and get on into the piney woods!!!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    Well, that depends.

The Micro is really tiny; really tiny. However, it can be made to work with the massive Blackbird if your gear mix allows it. I recently discovered that I can use one with my Blackbird. I'll be the first to admit I was amazed.

First of all, I use a torso length UQ. If I used a full length, I wouldn't do it. The Micro has a hair longer ridgeline than the BB ridgeline...a hair! But, by making use of my BishopBag on the foot-end of the hammock and using my Packa at the head-end of the hammock as rain blocks, I'm well covered. I've tried this in one storm just for fun (a friend out here has a Micro, I do not) and stayed perfectly dry. I didn't sleep real well because I was worried all night, but the next time I think I'll sleep just fine.

The standard is a pretty easy fit, but again, the BishopBag at the foot-end gives me great comfort and peace of mind. The Deluxe is stupid simple and almost foolproof. I usually suggest the Deluxe when folks ask, but if you're looking strictly at weight savings go with the Standard. If you're delusional and counting every gram, you could go with the Micro. Not that I've considered one in Spinn or anything.

Again, if I was using a full-length UQ I would not be comfortable using the Standard and no way I would use a Micro. Using a BishopBag is certainly helpful and comforting with the Standard and the carrying of a poncho of some kind in addition to the BishopBag is about the only way a Micro would work with a BB. It's all about how well your gear plays with others.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    HH Expd Asm or DIY or WBBB or .....
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    Just another idea here...
    My knife is so sharp it cut the sixth finger off my right hand! On the plus side, Inigo Montoya no longer hunts me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12