Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    ...the backcountry camping site across from Devils Fork Campground---is that the only 'legit' place to camp away from the official state park? which is also to ask can you stealth it about anywhere?
    My Foothills Trail map shows campsites at the Laurel Fork Falls, one on the right going toward the Toxaway bridge, one on the left at Canebrake, going toward the bridge, and one at the bridge. There were Boy Scouts heading for the one at the bridge yesterday.

My understanding is this-
    There are two camping areas at the Devil's Fork State Park, the regular campground, and the boat in camping at Double Springs, across the lake from the campground.
    The area outside the park is the managed by the Andrew Pickens Ranger district of the Sumter National Forest on the SC side and the Nantahala National Forest on the NC side. You can camp anywhere in the Andrew Pickens district but only designated spots in the Nantahala. The Toxaway area is just over the line in NC but those are designated spots.

From http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/fms/sumter/r...AP_Camping.php
    "The Andrew Pickens Ranger District has a wide range of camping opportunities from developed campgrounds to primitive sites.

Primitive camping is allowed at least 50 feet from the trail, 50 feet from any stream and .25 mile from the road."

Andrew Pickens Ranger District
    Phone: (864) 638-9568

FWIW, there are plenty of stealth sites around, but it might be worth a phone call.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    insulite
    Suspension
    Rings, Spyderline
    I should be receiving a MacCat ultra this week, too. Hopefully before we leave on Friday for the Foothills trail. Starting at Table Rock and planning on winding up at Whitewater Falls.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    That's great Conan,
    If you've been following this site for long, you know we expect pictures.
    If your's doesn't get there in time, let me know. You may be passing right by my house.

Have a good trip.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12