ENO Doublenest, GT SBP, DIY
    Tarp
    ENO and GT
    Insulation
    ENO Ember/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Atlas, Whoppie

Camp Daniel Boone Scout Camp

Anyone heading to Camp Daniel Boone Scout camp week of June 15? Let me know. I will be there with my troop and was going to bring a bunch of hammock stuff to "mess with" since I have a full week to "play". Let me know as it is a great place to "hang" around and relax.

Bayview, I am jealous. Camp Daniel Boone and the surrounding Shining Rock Wilderness is some of the prettiest country anywhere around. Have a good trip. Wish I could go.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest, GT SBP, DIY
    Tarp
    ENO and GT
    Insulation
    ENO Ember/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Atlas, Whoppie
    Thanks, this is my last year as a Scout Master. I have always said that living in Florida is not as wonderful as most people think. That is why I have always had my boys go to camps that were more north. I have some committee members that are now requesting we stay in Florida some so parents can visit. Not this one. That is why I am moving to ASM.

I only hope the rain is not like it was 2 years ago, everyday all day.

We have camped very close to there four times in the past two weeks. (Two, two nighters.) The weather was 42 at night the first time and put my DIY underquilt to the test. It didn't fail but I was not toasty either. Last week it rained hard all night the last night of the grip which put my tarps to the test. I found that the ones I pitched very tight were the ones that leaked on the stitching. Hope you have a great experience. It is a wonderful place.

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx, Yeti, Rev 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I hope you enjoy yourself, we went there 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. We are going back this year July 13 - 19 and doing the Fontana Float. I'm looking forward to some canoeing, fishing and resting in my hammock for the entire week.
    Aim for the moon, if you miss, at least you will still be among the stars.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Have been there twice. Had a great time. They have two type of trails there....up hill and extremely uphill. All the camp sites are up hill from the mess hall and other activity sites.

Lots of trees. Warning...the water in the lake is cold, very cold

Got a laugh at the rifle range when the range master tried to tell me I did not know how to shoot because I would not use the sand bags, shot in the off hand and hit bulls ( I shot expert with the M16 in the Marines ) and I was the only one in the group that did not have to buy any clothes pins ( if you hit the clothes pins holding the target you had to pay for the clothes pin )

Also told them their rock climbing wall was not safe as many of the rock were loose and ready to fall out. Had to get the head instructor on the wall to show him how easy the rocks where coming out. Did not see any other adults on the rock wall the week I was there.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    I was there last year and both I and the the other leader hung in our hammocks all week, which was good as they had placed our troop in a camp with another troop and there was no tent for the other leader or me. The hang was great and it rained every night which sounded great while we went to sleep. Enjoy your week.

• + New Posts